Children or adults, ear infection attacks both. The common causes for ear infections are fluid accumulation in the middle ear, wax buildup in one or both ears, cold, flu, allergies, upper respiratory infections, or any other internal ear injuries.
Symptoms of ear infections vary and are commonly treated with over-the-counter medications available at the nearest pharmacies. But there are cost effective natural remedies available in your own kitchen. Using garlic is one such natural way of fighting ear infection. Allicin an organosulfur compound present in garlic is full of medicinal properties and gives garlic the pungent smell. Garlic is also rich in vitamin B6 and C, manganese, selenium, and fiber. Garlic is widely used in the treatment of common cold, flu, and ear infections because of its antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. Here are 4-garlic extracts that reduces pain and swelling due to ear infection.
Garlic and Olive Oil for Ear Infection
1. Steep 3 to 4 fresh, peeled, and crushed garlic cloves in 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Let the garlic juice dissolve in olive oil and release allicin.
3. Using an ear dropper drop 2-3 drops of the mixture into the infected ear.
4. Place a cotton ball in your ear to avoid the mixture from flowing out.
5. Leave it overnight.
6. The following morning clean the ear with hydrogen peroxide.
7. You can repeat the procedure on an as needed basis.
Garlic and Salt for Ear Infection
1. Take few fresh, peeled garlic cloves and boil it for 5-6 minutes.
2. To the garlic cloves, add salt, and crush them well.
3. Place the mixture in a clean and thin cloth and keep it on the infected ear for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Repeat the process on an as needed basis.
Garlic and Mustard oil for Ear infection
1. Take few fresh, peeled garlic cloves, add 1 teaspoon mustard oil and heat if for few minutes.
2. Using an ear dropper drop 2-3 drops of this mixture into the ear.
3. You can also apply the mixture around the infected area.
4. The mixture will reduce the ear pain and swelling.
5. You can repeat the process on an as needed basis.
Chopped Garlic for Ear Infection
1. Take few fresh, peeled garlic cloves and chop it into tiny pieces.
2. Wrap these tiny garlic pieces in a thin cloth and twist the end to stop the pieces from falling out.
3. Place the small bundle of wrapped garlic inside the ear but with the twisted end projecting out.
4. No need to push the bundle deep into the ear canal. The fumes released from the garlic contain allicin which will give you relief from the pain and swelling.
5. You can repeat it on an as needed basis.