These days, when pollution is more than population, it is imperative to take extra care of the skin in order to prevent it from losing its natural moisture, glow and fairness.
People buy more and more products to make their skin radiant and beautiful, but these products work only for some time. Home remedies can do wonders for the skin. These natural remedies can return your lost charm and glow, that too, instantly. Let there be the return of the glowing and flawless skin! Try these home-made recipes for the skin of your dreams.
1) Take one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. Mix it till the honey dissolves properly. Moisten your face and apply it on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Both honey and lemon works as a natural bleacher, which makes your skin glowing and radiant instantly. Wash your face thoroughly with cold water.
2) Take half banana and mash it. Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 egg white. Beat them together and apply it on the skin. Banana gives a facial like glow at home, in a few seconds.
3) Make a paste of 2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 teaspoons honey, 2 teaspoons rose water and 1 tablespoon fuller’s earth. Apply the paste over your face and neck. Wipe off the mask after 15 minutes with a moist towel. Wash off with fresh water, this mask is best suited for oily skin.
4) Soak 4-5 almonds in water overnight. Remove their skin in the morning and grind them to a fine paste. Add 1 teaspoon gram flour, 1 teaspoon milk and 4 drops of lemon juice. Mix well and massage your skin with this paste for about 5 minutes to get a long-lasting fair and neat skin complexion.
5) Mix besan (gram flour) with tomato, curd, honey, lemon juice and rose water. Apply this mixture to your face in night time and wash it with water after 30 minutes avoid soap). There is also a style to wash it for good results. Instead of just washing it off directly pat your face with wet hands and try to massage the mixture for 2 minutes before washing. This will remove the dirt, blackheads, and tan. Your skin turns silky soft.
6) Oatmeal helps you to remove the dirt which goes into the skin pores. Soap usually fails to remove this dirt. Mix oatmeal with a little turmeric and few drops of lemon. Quantity of turmeric powder should be very less. Now, make a thick paste of it. Apply it to your skin and leave it for a few minutes so that it gets a little dry. Take off the mask by washing it with lukewarm water.
7) Banana has got many advantages. It is a mood booster and also keeps your heart healthy. Banana also helps you get a glowing skin. Mash ripe bananas and grease your skin with it. Keep it for some time and rinse it. Repeat this procedure weekly to get good results. You can also add raw milk to the mashed bananas to get a nice glow. Raw milk is also helpful in getting a fair skin.
8) Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose a base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil, or olive oil. Add crushed neem and tulsi leaves to the oil and warm it gently. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus reduces tan.
9) A combo of milk, oil and lemon will do a great job for your skin. Mix 1 spoon of milk powder, 1 spoon of lemon juice and 1 spoon of almond oil. Apply this concoction on your skin; leave it on for 15 minutes before washing off. This is an effective skin-lightening mask.
10) Potato also works as a natural bleaching agent and hence can be used for skin lightening. Squeeze the juice of a potato in a bowl. Apply it to your face. Keep it for some time and wash off with cold water. This is a slow and gradual process. The results will be visible to you after a while.
11) Nothing can beat this age-old home remedy of getting fairer skin. Make a paste of sandalwood and some turmeric. You can also add almond oil to it. Apply this paste to your face. Keep it for some time. Then start massaging it in circular motion. Finally, wash off with cold water. This will help in skin lightening and will also give a glow to your face.
12) There is no substitute the CTM routine. Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing will ensure that your skin doesn’t get tanned much. Also, don’t forget to use a good quality sunscreen lotion before stepping out of the house to keep that fairness and glow intact.
13) Rub an ice cube on your face to improve the blood circulation. Also, if you are going in a party or in a special occasion, rub an ice cube before putting on the make-up. This will help the make-up to last longer, and the make-up won’t smudge. Alternatively, put a few drops of your favorite moisturizer on the ice cube and massage it on your face. This will instantly freshen up your skin and give it an instant glow.
14) Take a piece of papaya and mash it with the help of a fork. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix well with papaya pulp. Moisten your face and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
15) Take a few drops of olive oil and apply it on the cheekbones, where you usually put on the blusher. This will give your face an instant glow. You can also use coconut oil or jojoba oil.
16) Take some sugar. Add lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil to it. Mix it well and use it as a face scrubber. Olive oil will moisten your skin, sugar will remove dead cells, and lemon juice will naturally bleach your skin.
17) Take 2 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix it well and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 15 minutes. After that, wash off with normal water. Yogurt will moisturize the skin and honey will help in clearing the skin texture and make it fairer. You can use this face pack on the daily basis.
18) Take a tablespoon of tealeaves and boil it in water. When it begins to impart the color, remove it from the flame, and allow it to cool. Take 2 tablespoons of tea water. Put 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of cream in it, and mix. Apply it on your skin and gently massage it. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
19) Pluck some fresh flowers of jasmine and crush them. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix them well and apply the pack on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then, rinse off with cold water. This pack will lighten up the skin color, as well as provide your face a new shine.