Scabies is a dermatological condition caused by mites. Highly contagious, scabies can infect both children and adults. Often, entire families are infected by the mites.
Besides genital itching, scabies can also cause a bright red cluster of small bumps on the affected area. The rash may spread to the buttocks and to other body parts as well. Doctors usually prescribe a topical cream or solution to treat scabies.
Sometimes, male genital itching will have no apparent cause. In the January 2005 issue of the “Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology,” Dr. Arnon Cohen wrote that idiopathic cases of male genital itching can sometimes be attributed to lumbosacral radiculopathy, nerve damage that can cause lower back and leg pain. In Dr. Cohen’s study, patients with idiopathic genital itching reported improvement in their symptoms after being injected with a localized anesthetic to treat nerve damage.
In spite of just keeping your skin clean, you should also concentrate on wearing clean underwear and it is always advisable to change your underwear once in six months.
The same is with shoe socks since they come in touch with the most sensitive parts of our body for a long
How to reduce itching near genital area?
Itching is a common problem in the genitals as these are the covered areas. The skin in these areas produces sweat which keeps it wet and is the main reason for bacterial and fungal infection in those areas that in turn causes severe itching. Since the skin is tender in those areas, too much scratching hurts and peels the skin off.
Remember, the locally applying creams are just an temperory Itch-relieving application and is not an anti-bacterial or anti-fungal medication which is why It can’t be a solution for itching. I suggest you
- To clean the areas twice a day with cotton dipped in hydrogen peroxide. This will clean the sweat off and will even clear the topical microbial Life.
- Then apply anti-fungal medication which will definitely relieve you from itch instantly and continuous application for a week will completely relieve you from itching.
- Since it is a common problem that may repeat, make sure that you wear clothes that aren’t so tight to make the organs sweat more.
- Most important of all is to keep the genitals dry. Taking proper care after bath (letting them dry completely) and sprinkling talcum powder.
- The fungal infection increases in wet condition. This place should be dry. After bath dry the area immediately. Also clean the area after sweating. Sweating can increase itching.
- Your clothes should be separate and wash with hot water and Dettol. This prevents spreading of itch from one member to the other by using same towel in family.
- There are anti fungal medicines available in medical shops. You can use cream for local application. There is oral medicine too. Anti-fungal tablet once a week is best for control.
- There is oral medicine also taken Tab. Anti fungal tablet once a week is best choice for control.
- If you are married, there is a possibility of your partner also having the infection and treatment of your partner is important.
If you have a fungal infection on your feet or hands, treat it promptly before it has an opportunity to spread to the groin or other skin areas.
Please avoid applying Dettol directly on the penile skin or the glans. Wash with soap and water instead.
Home remedies to avoid groin itching.
- Apple cider vinegar (about 1-2 tablespoons) diluted in warm water (approx a cup) and used as a topical wash on the vulva and in the vagina. It will sting initially, likely, but this will subside as it begins to work. Usually 2-3 applications will take care of the itching and possibly even one dose is enough. It is also a wise idea to look for the source. Do you suffer from this constantly or have chronic yeast infections? You would need to address this to prevent it from happening again. It is also best to use organic apple cider vinegar to eliminate any impurities.
- Slight warm salt water can be used to wash the genital area. Salt water has an antibacterial property.
- Eat 3-4 cloves of garlic per day; it will reduce the tendency of bacterial growth. Applying crushed garlic over the itchy area also helps.
- Apply milk (sheep’s or goat’s) yogurt over the itchy area or over the distal part of vagina which helps in reducing itching.
- Cranberry juice has a very effective antibacterial property. Applying this locally will help a lot.
- Make a liquid of basil boiled in water, apply this locally once a day. This will clear the mild itching tendency over the genital areas.
- Drinking 3-4 cups of thyme tea will give a freedom from the problems of genital itching.
- While taking bath, take 4 drops of tea tree oil mix with water and apply with cotton over the itchy area; this will clean the area from bacteria and irritating fungus.
- Boil water with rosemary leaves and cool it and apply it over the itchy irritating parts, will give an instant relief from itching.