Herbs For Lung Health
According to the Vitamins to Health website, mullein, angelica, elecampane, ginger, thyme, and coltsfoot, all act as expectorants, turning unhealthy mucous buildup into a more fluid substance that is easier to detox.
Garlic also has expectorant abilities as well as strong antibacterial qualities in case the lungs are harboring any type of infection. Fresh garlic made into a tea with lemon and honey, is great for lung health. Cinnamon is great for the digestive system, promoting smoother and regular function of the lungs.Vitamins
The biggest problem most people who have been involved with cigarette smoking face as has been mention is tar. All of the above home remedy methods will help but tar stops the body from cleansing the lungs efficiently and can take over a decade to naturally be removed.
Luckily you can take a very vitamins that will speed along this process as long as all other parts of the lung detoxification home remedy are also followed. IT has also helped many current smokers quit as their body starts rejecting tar and impurities too!
Menu For A Lung Cleanse
You can do this diet for only 3 days or as long as 7 days.
- Mash 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and a slice of onion in a bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons of honey. Cover, and let macerate for 24 hours, then remove garlic and onion and take 1 teaspoon, 3 times daily of this honey/syrup infusion.
- On rising: squeeze the juice of two lemons in a glass of water and add 1 tablespoon of organic maple syrup.
- Breakfast: drink a glass of grapefruit, pineapple, or cranberry-apple juice. Use fresh squeezed or organic if possible.
- Mid-morning: drink a glass of fresh carrot juice with 1 teaspoon of Bragg’s Liquid Amino added; or a cup of medicinal tea that is specifically for congestion.
- Lunch: drink a glass of vegetable juice, V-8 juice may be more convenient for those of you who work.
- Mid-afternoon: have a greens vegetable drink. You can find these already to drink in the refrigeration section of a health food store. Most grocery stores even carry them.
- Supper: drink a glass of apple juice or papaya/pineapple juice.
- Before going to bed: drink a glass of hot organic broth and take two probiotic capsules.
How to break your fasting lung cleanse:
Eat a small fresh salad on the last night of your cleanse. The next day, begin eating small simple meals that are easy to digest. Breakfast can be a little yogurt with some apple juice. Lunch, eat a small fresh salad. Have a fresh fruit smoothie during the day for a snack. For dinner have a baked potato with butter and a light soup or salad.
Remember: the lungs are critical to life, so it makes sense to take care of them.
[sws_green_box box_size=”600″] Article by,
Dr Apsara VR
Ayurveda medical officer, Dhanvandharimadam, Trivandrum.
Email :[email protected][/sws_green_box]