15. Always do a skin test: Home remedies are easy to make and apply but before that one should definitely go for a skin test to a dermatologist before inception of any kind. Your skin type and reason for your acne can be different from others in which only a dermatologist can help you out. Applying the remedies without knowing the reason or skin type may harm your skin and give you more side-effects from the same.
16. Leafy intake: Vitamin A & Iron supplements are really good for acne. Consume more of green leafy vegetables, dairy products, fish, liver and fortified cereals; the top sources of provitamin A include carrots, broccoli, cantaloupe and squash. Daily intake of 20,000 IU would help in reducing the acne formation as well as the scarring caused by the acnes.
17. Exercise regularly: Regular workouts, physical exercises and a fit body with a balanced weight will help you in the long term; reducing sweets, carbohydrates and high calories in diet would help in controlling acne.
18. Nature’s helping hand: Tea tree oil is a common antiseptic oil which is very helpful in reducing the inflammation of acne. It is highly beneficial and it helps in reducing the redness of the acute stage of acne. Take some tea tree oil and apply it to the acne overnight.
19. Herbal cure: Neem and chiraita are excellent herbs which help in decreasing the acne formation. Crush some leaves and make a paste out of them, apply the paste daily for a cleaner looking and an acne free skin
20. Egg-white: Making a facial mask from egg-white is very helpful in healing acne scars and reducing acne inflammation at a fast rate. Apply the mashed egg-white over the face as a facial mask and wash it after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. But, be sure that your skin is not allergic to eggs and taking the advice of dermatologist is a must. If you can undergo it then also try after mixing few drops of lemon with it.
21. Cold pressed olive oil: Olive oil is a great skin moisturiser and in use from years for personal care as it contains four different antioxidants one of which is linoleic acid which prevents water to evaporate from our skin. Take some cold pressed olive oil and apply it to the scars. It helps in reducing the visibility of acne scars and helps in softening them.
22. Ice magic: Place an ice-cube over your acne pimples one by one and it will really help reduce the redness and swelling from them. Ice cubes also helps in reducing the size of acne scars by tightening them.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne Scars Fast
Acne is a skin condition that often leaves behind scars or marks even after healing. In such cases, you can make use of numerous natural home remedies to get rid of Acne Scars fast. In addition, taking proactive measures to avoid deep inflamed Acne breakouts can help a great deal in preventing Acne Scars.
These scars can be atrophic or hypertrophic. Atrophic Acne Scars develop when there is loss of tissue whereas hypertrophic Acne Scars tend to develop when there is excess accumulation of collagen during healing process.
They usually appear as dark, red or discolored scars that can be raised or depressed. Although it is difficult to heal Acne Scars completely, pinkish or reddish scars resulting from Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation tend to fade on their own after a while.
Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast
• Simply placing pineapple slices on skin works as a good Acne Scars natural treatment.
• Rubbing tomato slices on skin is a simple natural remedy for Acne Scars home treatment. Alternatively, you can use a mixture of tomato and cucumber pulp to heal the scars naturally. It also helps reduce Blackheads.
• A combination of yogurt and powdered carom seeds applied on face for about half an hour serves as a good home treatment to lighten Acne Scars fast.
• You can also use a honey mask to lighten Acne Scars to some extent by applying a mixture prepared by one teaspoon each of nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder in a tablespoon of honey (preferably raw and unprocessed).
Rinse it off with warm water after half an hour. A combination of honey, almond oil and raw milk can also be used for this purpose. In case of oily skin, replace milk with lemon juice. Apply the combination on face for half an hour and follow this natural remedy three times in a week.
• Dab it with strong basil tea. Boil 1 c. of water and add 1 Tbsp. dried basil leaves. Steep for 10 minutes. Strain. refrigerate until cool. Apply to the pimples (or all over your face, if it’s oily).
• Applying a paste prepared from some rose water in sandalwood powder is one of the best natural home remedies to get rid of Acne Scars fast. To make this therapy more effective, apply the paste overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
• Prepare a mixture by adding a teaspoon of baking soda in two teaspoons of water, rub it on the affected area for about a minute and then rinse it off to remove Acne Scars.