Allergy attacks everyone, irrespective of age or gender. And allergic reactions ought to be treated immediately otherwise it would lead to anaphylaxis or hypersensitivity. Using over-the-counter medications is one way of treating allergy. But beware all these OTC allergy medications are not free from chemical side effects. Make healthy living a part of your life. Embrace natural home-remedies and stay clear from any chemical side effects. Turmeric (curcuma longa) also called “the queen of spices” with its powerful medicinal properties is a natural treatment against allergic reactions. Here we bring you more about turmeric and its uses in the treatment of allergies.
Why choose Turmeric for allergy?
- Curcumin a natural anti-inflammatory compound found in turmeric helps relieve pulmonary congestion caused by allergy.
- Turmeric reduces hypersensitive reactions by counteracting the reactions of histamines produced in the body.
- Anti-inflammatory property of turmeric prevents inflammation caused by allergy.
- A mixture of super herbs like liquorice root, Boswellia extract, and curcumin (turmeric) is a highly effective treatment for allergy.
- Turmeric helps suppress the action of leukotrienes triggered by allergy. Leukotrines cause broncho-constriction which leads to asthma and several other lung diseases.
- Turmeric can treat both chronic as well as acute allergies.
- Turmeric as noted above is a strong natural fighter against allergy. Introducing turmeric to your daily diet can help your body develop strong immunity against allergies.
Here are 2 Turmeric Medicinal Preparations to Prevent Allergies
Turmeric Milk for Allergy
- Turmeric – ½ to 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Black pepper – As needed
- Honey – 1 tsp
How to Prepare and Use
- Add all the above ingredients to boiling milk.
- Stir while boiling to make sure complete mixing of ingredients.
- Drink the mixture early morning on an empty stomach or at night before going to bed.
- Drinking this mixture 2 to 3 times daily to prevent any allergic reaction.
Turmeric, Lemon, and Honey
- Ground Turmeric – 1-2 pieces
- Lemon – 1 big size
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Water – as needed
- Pepper – A pinch or two
How to Prepare and Use
- To the ground turmeric, add freshly squeezed lemon.
- Add honey, pepper, and little water, and stir the mixture well.
- Drink the mixture to prevent any allergic reactions.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times daily to build a strong immune system.