- 5 Besan or Gram flour Face Packs to Revitalize Your SkinPosted 3 weeks ago
- Do You Want to Get Rid of Termites? – Try these Home-made RemediesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mustard Oil for Bouncy and Silky Hair GrowthPosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10-Foods to Keep Your Uric Acid Levels LowPosted 1 month ago
- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 month ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 1 month ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 1 month ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 month ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 month ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 month ago
15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)
Chikoo/Sapodilla/Sapota is a tropical fruit which is a native of Southern Mexico and Central America. Chikoo is also grown in large numbers in India, Indonesia, Thailand, Bangladesh, and Malaysia.
It tastes heavenly sugary, contains sucrose and fructose, and is full of nutrients. Here are 15-incredible health benefits of Sapodilla or Chikoo.
Chikoo Acts as a Natural laxative
Chikoo’s high dietary fiber content makes it a natural laxative. It provides relief to people with chronic constipation or indigestion.
Chikoo Prevents Gastrointestinal Disorders
Tannin (phenolic substance of plant origin) found in chikoo is known to prevent the onset of gastrointestinal disorders like irritable bowel syndrome, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, or gastroenteritis.
Chikoo Prevents Blood Loss
Consuming chikoo can prevent blood loss during piles, thus preventing pain or swelling of the anal sphincter.
Chikoo is Rich in Antioxidants
Chikoo is loaded with antioxidants, notably Vitamin C which prevents free radicals from disintegrating the body’s immune mechanism.
Chikoo Prevents Bacterial/Viral Infections
Chikoo’s antibacterial and antiviral properties prevent harmful bacteria or virus from affecting the body’s normal function.
Chikoo Boosts Body’s Immune System
Chikoo improves body’s resistance power against diseases. It is due to the presence of vitamin E, A, C, and B.
Chikoo Boosts Mental Abilities
Your overall health is defined by your mental health. Stress kills mental abilities. Your brain works the best when you are calm and free from any stress. Chikoo’s sedative effect calms your nerves. It keeps insomnia, anxiety, and depression away from you.
Chikoo Prevents Chronic Cough and Cold
Chikoo can prevent cold and chronic cough. It helps keep the respiratory tract and nasal lining free of phlegm and mucus.
Chikoo Prevents Edemas
Chikoo is diuretic by nature and accelerates frequent urination which helps wash out toxins and wastes from your body, thus preventing edema (accumulation of watery fluid).
Chikoo Controls Blood pressure
Chikoo contains potassium and magnesium which prevents blood pressure rise.
Chikoo Prevents Anemia
As a good source of iron and folate, Chikoo prevents the onset of anemia.
Chikoo Relieves Painful Muscle Spasms
The antispasmodic property of Chikoo helps prevent painful muscle spasms.
Chikoo is Good Energy Booster
The sugary fructose and sucrose present in Chikoo provides instant energy to pregnant ladies and helps prevent nausea, fatigue, and dizziness.
Chikoo Enhances Bone strength
Calcium, phosphorous, folate, and iron present in Chikoo helps enhance bone strength.
Chikoo Prevents Kidney Stones
Chikoo’s diuretic nature helps keep your kidney free from kidney stones.