- Olive Oil for ConstipationPosted 3 months ago
- Burn your fat with this Pink SmoothiePosted 3 months ago
- Know you are pregnant even before a missed periodPosted 3 months ago
- Potato for Fair Inner ThighsPosted 3 months ago
- Wonderful Homemade Hair RinsesPosted 3 months ago
- Scabies – All You Need to KnowPosted 3 months ago
- Why does your period blood smell?Posted 4 months ago
- Natural Black Curls in a Natural WayPosted 4 months ago
- Silent Signs of Liver CancerPosted 4 months ago
- It Is Time to Detox!!Posted 4 months ago
Beet Your BP!!
Have you ever thought that drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering your blood pressure?
A new study shows that within hours of drinking beet juice, the systolic blood pressure was lowered by an average of 4-5 points. Researchers say that this drop may seem small, but on a public health level a reduction like that would equate to a 10% reduction in deaths due to heart disease.
Blood pressure medications often do more harm to your body than good! With side effects ranging from dizziness to headaches, insomnia to nausea, and digestive problems to depressed sex drive, it is always better to stay away from them than to become dependent on them.
It has been proven in numerous studies that beet juice lowers blood pressure within 3 hours of drinking it and the effects last for 24 hours! This effect might be even greater and for a longer term if you are drinking it day upon day. So why not try this natural way?
How does it work?
Beetroots, with their deep red hue (and less commonly known to be yellow), are rich in dietary fiber, folate, potassium and manganese, as well as Vitamin C, iron and magnesium. Beets are also packed with nitrates, which give them the power to reduce blood pressure.
Biologically speaking, the nitrates found in beets go through a conversion process that allows your blood vessels to expand, improve blood flow throughout your entire body, and in turn lower the blood pressure.
The concentrated amount of nutrients in the juice are directly absorbed into your bloodstream, and do not require digestion. This means that they get to work quickly, offering the maximum benefits in reducing blood pressure.
In fact, according to a recent study published by the American Heart Association, participants who drank just 8 ounces of beetroot juice experienced a reduction in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure within 3 to 6 hours of consumption, and with lasting effects remaining even after 24 hours.
Health benefits of Beet juice
- The main benefits of beet juice are that it
- Improves blood flow across your entire body.
- Helps in natural elimination of toxins, due to the production of glutathione (which rids the body of the poisons that can cause many serious health problems, including colon cancer).
- Improves blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Adding a small glass of beetroot juice to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to lower your blood pressure and improve your health!
Things to know before you start
The carotenes that give beets their vibrant color may also have a harmless effect on the color of your urine and bowel movements.
Since beets are high in oxalates, those who have issues with kidney stones may have to avoid this juice.
Extracting juice from raw beetroots is the best (and easiest) option. Just leave the skin on and combine with other fruits and veggies for a vibrant, tasty juice.
Some may find the “earthy” flavor of beetroots to be unpleasant, but removing the skin, adding other dominant flavors (such as orange or ginger), or just using a little less beetroot in your juice are easy adjustments you can make.