- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 10 hours ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 day ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 2 days ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 5 days ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 6 days ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 1 week ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 1 week ago
- Top Home Made Multani Mitti Hair Packs for Smooth and Silky HairPosted 1 week ago
- Deadly Cancer Signs Most Women IgnorePosted 1 week ago
- 6-Things a Woman Should Avoid Doing to Her Lady PartsPosted 2 weeks ago
Homemade Face Mask for Sun Damage
Uneven skin tone, age spots, sun spots, acne scars, freckles and hyperpigmentation are among the many skin issues that people battle with.
While pinpointing the causes and preventing them before they reach your skin’s surface is ideal, it’s not always practical.
However, rather than turning to store-bought, chemical-based products to lighten and brighten your skin tone, why not opt for natural ingredients (many of which are in your kitchen as you’re reading this). Not only will you be able to understand the ingredients and dosages, but also dodge any negative side effects. So let us skip the over-priced and dangerous store-bought skin brighteners and turn to mother nature’s natural offerings.
Let's first study the magic ingredients.
It is a safe and cost effective way to lighten skin naturally. Naturally high in Vitamin C, lemons effectively brighten your overall skin tone, clear dark spots and lighten acne scars. Vitamin C has been scientifically proven to reduce your skin’s melanin production- the melanin is the cause of dark skin tone and patches. Its high citric acid content whitens and exfoliates your skin. Also, your dead skin cells are lifted and washed away revealing clearer, brighter skin underneath. Also, it has high antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which means that any bacteria build-up in the process is killed and eliminated.
For centuries, turmeric has been used to naturally lighten skin pigmentation. Turmeric has been long celebrated for its ability to brighten and smoothen the skin, giving a younger and more radiant complexion. Turmeric has high curcumin which inhibits your skin’s excessive secretion of melanin which is the substance that gives your skin its dark color due to environmental factors.
Now let's prepare the mask – The Honey, Lemon, Turmeric Brightening Mask
Put these natural skin-brightening ingredients to test with this powerful, yet gentle face mask. Lemon and turmeric work to lighten the skin while the honey eases any irritation or dryness. Together, your skin will be left baby-skin soft and would become lighter and brighter over a period of time.
Mix together 1-1/2 teaspoon raw honey, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric. Apply this mixture to skin and let it set for 20 minutes. Then rinse it off. This can be applied as a spot treatment with a q-tip to the affected areas, like age spots, sun spots or acne scars, or as a face mask to even out your entire skin tone. Keep the mixture in your refrigerator to maximize its freshness.
Image courtesy: leafimg-a.akamaihd.net ,