- 5 Besan or Gram flour Face Packs to Revitalize Your SkinPosted 3 weeks ago
- Do You Want to Get Rid of Termites? – Try these Home-made RemediesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mustard Oil for Bouncy and Silky Hair GrowthPosted 4 weeks ago
- Top 10-Foods to Keep Your Uric Acid Levels LowPosted 1 month ago
- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 month ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 1 month ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 1 month ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 month ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 month ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 month ago
Vinegar for Dandruff
Dandruff can be an embarrassing condition for many people, which can even affect one's self esteem and confidence.
It is the dead skin cells that fall from the scalp as white flakes or dandruff. This may be caused by dry skin, oily skin, diet or stress, use of high-alkaline hair products, etc. The main cause for dandruff is Malassezia, a yeast-like fungus that feeds on the oils from the hair follicles.
Vinegar can be a very good & effective solution for this problem as it contains acetic acid and water, which is obtained by fermenting dilute alcoholic liquids. Using either white, red or apple cider vinegar can be effective in treating dandruff, but this article speaks on white vinegar methods.
The acid content in vinegar helps to reduce the itchiness of the scalp and drastically brings down the flaking. Vinegar helps to remove dead skin cells from the scalp which causes dandruff. Vinegar contains acetic acid that helps to kill the bacteria and fungus on your scalp. Vinegar is rich in potassium and enzymes that help to cure an itchy scalp and dandruff successfully. Vinegar helps proper blood circulation and hence maintains a healthy scalp and hair.
Vinegar can be used in many ways to treat dandruff. Some of the most effective methods are given below.
Apply a cup of vinegar onto your scalp with a cotton ball. Massage for a few minutes. Wrap a warm towel over your hair so the vinegar will get a chance to percolate into the scalp skin. Allow it to dry for about an hour and then wash it off with warm water. Don’t use shampoo after applying vinegar. Repeat the process twice a week for at least a month.
Peel a whole banana and add it to 2 cups of vinegar and stir it well. Make a fine paste and apply this to your scalp. Massage gently for 5-10 minutes. Leave it on for about 20 minutes to an hour before rinsing your hair completely. Continue this process everyday for about a week, then once a week.
Shampoo your hair with mild SLS-free shampoo. Mix one part vinegar with 3 parts water. Rinse your hair with this mixture and leave for 2-3 minutes. Massage gently and then wash it off. Rinse your hair thoroughly.
Take 2 teaspoons of vinegar and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix properly and apply to your scalp with gentle massaging. Repeat daily.
Take 3 tablespoons of vinegar and massage onto the scalp only, not the entire hair length because you will just end up drying it. Massage gently and leave it on for about 10 min. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo and follow it up with a conditioner. Plain old apple cider vinegar for dandruff itself is quite an effective treatment.
There are some things you need to be aware of before using any of these methods:
- Do not be worried about the smell of vinegar, as this will go once the hair has dried.
- Vinegar is acidic in nature; hence can cause a burning sensation if it gets in your eyes. Try to close your eyes if you are using these treatments.
- Vinegar might alter the color of colored hair.
- Simply using vinegar will not solve the problem completely. Some lifestyle changes can also make a difference i.e. regular washing of your hair, cutting down the hair styling products, a healthy diet, avoiding stress, lessening the sun exposure to your hair, regular combing of your hair twice a day, not using harsh shampoo and conditioners, etc.
- Vinegar can make your hair very dry. So do nourish your hair often in the form of hair oil massage.