- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 day ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 2 days ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 6 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 week ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 week ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
Fight Infections With This Natural Tonic
Nutritionists and doctors are beginning to realize that some of the best treatments for illness can be found in the foods we eat.
You may have read about certain nutrition-packed foods called ‘superfoods’. We bring to you recipe for a natural tonic that you can make at home with six of the best superfoods around.
Here is how to go about it. You will need,
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder or 2 knuckles of turmeric root
- 24 oz apple cider vinegar (unfiltered and organic)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 fresh peppers, the hottest you can find (wear gloves when handling)
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
Combine all ingredients except the vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a 32-ounce mason jar, and then pour the vinegar into the jar. Close the jar tightly, shake well and store in a cool, dry spot. Shake the mixture several times a day for two weeks, and then strain all of the liquid through a cheesecloth into a separate container. You can use the remaining herbs and vegetables for cooking.
Why are these superfoods so good for you? Here’s more information about each of them
The main compound curcumin found in this bright yellow spice is an anti-inflammatory substance and also an anti-oxidant. The spice is easily absorbed into the bloodstream when taken with black pepper. Curcumin is fat soluble, and goes well with foods that have some fat in them.
There have been studies showing that turmeric extract helps fight cancer, dementia and heart disease. Many people have reported that turmeric cures diarrhea and helps irritable bowel syndrome and other stomach ailments.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This cure-all has been praised for diabetes relief, weight loss, lowered cholesterol and many other beneficial results. One thing that has been proven is that apple cider vinegar helps lower blood sugar by blocking the digestion of some starches. Studies have shown that taking apple cider vinegar regularly can also lower cholesterol.
Several studies have showed the effect of garlic in reducing cancer risk and has effects on lowering the cholesterol level when used over long term.
Hot peppers are good for your heart because they help increase blood circulation. The main active ingredient, capsaicin, is responsible for the flavor and hotness of the peppers. The same substance increases blood flow by stimulating nerves. Hot peppers also make it harder for the body to absorb cholesterol.
Ginger is a tropical plant in the same family as turmeric, and medicinally is best known for its ability to reduce nausea and vomiting. Ginger also reduces pain and inflammation and has a warming effect on the body. It inhibits harmful gut bacteria and provides some protection from ulcers. It even weakens the virus that causes the common cold!
Did you know that horseradish is full of nutrients and minerals? It contains vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc and more. Horseradish is a natural remedy for high blood pressure and it promotes heart health, stimulates digestion and strengthens the immune system. Most importantly, glucosinolates in horseradish help prevent cancer.
Hence, our home-made tonic is really something to look forward to. Start with a tablespoon of it a day and build up to three or four times that much daily. This is a powerful natural antibiotic tonic and tastes hot and strong. Do not dilute it, because that will lessen the positive effects. This is a tried and tested tonic that will help you stay in the best health possible!