- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 day ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 2 days ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 6 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 week ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 week ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
Try this wonderful drink to fight sleeplessness
Blessed are those people who snooze off to a deep sleep the moment their head hits the bed. But not many are in that blessed zone.
Blame it on your lifestyle. Lifestyle issues like eating junk foods, late night parties, keeping yourself awake late into night, and stress etc. can adversely affect your brain and also influence the quality of sleep.
How does sleep deprivation affect the body?
A daily dose of eight hours of restful sleep helps the body to function at its optimal level. Long-term sleep deprivation causes cognitive impairment wherein your memory (short-term as well as long-term) gets affected, your energy level dips, your concentration even on a small task gets affected, you can get into serious temper tantrums, and at times, you can get very aggressive. Numerous lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and obesity can make way into your body.
So now the question is “to get a good night’s sleep, what should you do?
At times panic and desperation can push you to seek the help of sleeping pills. Sleeping pills no doubt helps you to get sleep, but it is short-term and that too with side effects. Some of the sleep-inducing pills contain hypnotic drugs like benzodiazepine and barbiturates.
These drugs are addictive in nature and their long-term use can cause serious damages to your body. Also, there are other side effects to taking sleeping pills; they are cognitive impairment, constipation, drowsiness, stomachache, weakness, and in severe cases hallucinations.
So now instead of sleeping pills, you can try this recipe for a wonderful drink that can optimize the quality of your sleep. Drink it; it keeps you emotionally and mentally balanced, productive, and energetic.
All that you need for this drink is only a banana with its peel on, some water, and cinnamon.
Potassium and magnesium the main ingredients found in banana and banana peel is known to soothe and relax the body muscles. Cinnamon is known to maintain normal blood sugar level; it helps you get into the sleep mode quickly.
- Banana (including the peel) – 1
- A cup of water
Cut off the 2 ends of the banana, immerse it in boiling water, care should be taken not to discard the banana peel, boil it for at least 15 minutes, add cinnamon as required, maybe a pinch or two, you can add stevia (balances blood sugar level) to sweeten the drink. Serve hot.
5 Foods that Help Promote Sleep – Watch the video