- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 21 hours ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 5 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 6 days ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 7 days ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top Home Made Multani Mitti Hair Packs for Smooth and Silky HairPosted 2 weeks ago
High blood pressure – It is dangerous to ignore these signs of warning
Blood pressure is the measure of the force of blood exerted against the walls of the arteries.
It occurs when the heart pumps blood into the arteries to be carried around the body to the muscles and the cells. It is measured in terms of systolic and diastolic pressure. You have a normal blood pressure, if your blood pressure measures 120/80 mmhg; here 120 is the systolic pressure and 80 is the diastolic pressure.
If your blood pressure runs at 140/90 for a sustained period, then you are diagnosed with high blood pressure or hypertension, which means you need to seek medical attention.
Statistically, 1 in 3 adults in the US have hypertension, which will be about 70 million people of the total population. Often times as the symptoms of hypertension mimic other disease conditions, it becomes difficult to diagnose it. But still there are certain warning signs which you should not ignore and here are few of them:
A spontaneous change in blood pressure can trigger nosebleed. If you experience nosebleeds too often, it could be a warning sign for high blood pressure, seek medical attention immediately to be on the safer side.
Headaches can occur due to various reasons, but headaches are also a warning sign for high blood pressure. Seek medical attention to rule out hypertension.
If you feel like the room is spinning around you for no reason, go in for a medical checkup. Make sure it is not hypertension.
Of late if you are noticing that you have trouble concentrating, you are getting confused or forgetting things too often, you have brain fog and it can be a sign of high blood pressure also, go in for a checkup. It is a wise deal.
Blue feet (acrocyanosis)
Blue feet can be a lack of oxygenated blood circulation to the feet. High blood pressure can disrupt proper blood circulation to the body. Go in for a medical checkup to rule out hypertension.
If you have hypertension, your feet and legs may swell up. If you experience this condition, go in for checkup.
What happens if you ignore the signs of warning for high blood pressure?
- It can increase your risk for stroke, cardiovascular disease, heart attack, or arterial aneurysm
- It can cause severe damage to the retina of the eyes, also called hypertensive retinopathy.
- It can affect the functioning of the kidney, resulting in kidney failure. Often times, untreated hypertension can result in death.
This video explains blood pressure in simple and effect way. Watch to know more.