- 5 Besan or Gram flour Face Packs to Revitalize Your SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- Do You Want to Get Rid of Termites? – Try these Home-made RemediesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mustard Oil for Bouncy and Silky Hair GrowthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10-Foods to Keep Your Uric Acid Levels LowPosted 3 weeks ago
- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 4 weeks ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 4 weeks ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 1 month ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 month ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 month ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 month ago
Fruits – Is there a right way of eating it?
Adults including children know that eating fruits is important to our overall health, but not many know that there is a right way of eating it.
Fruits, as everyone know, is a great source of vitamins and minerals, like vitamin C, fiber, potassium, iron, magnesium, sodium, folate, and dietary fibers, which are necessary for our body’s overall growth. Eating fruits help prevent diseases of the heart, kidney, and liver etc. It also helps prevent stroke, hypertension, and cancer. So in order to get yourself the full benefits of eating fruits, you need to follow some guidelines about the right way of eating it.
If you have the habit of eating fruits just after each meal, it should be avoided. Eating fruits in between meals is an ideal way; it should be 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after a meal but certainly not just after a meal.
The best time to eat fruits
Eat fruits on an empty stomach first thing in the morning; digestion will be quicker with lot more enzymes working on it accompanied by a better assimilation of nutrients by your body. The vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers are completely absorbed by your body.
Eat fruits before a workout or just after a workout. Before workout, the simple sugars in the fruits convert to energy and helps you workout without getting tired, and after workout, it refills the depleted energy.
The worst time to eat fruits
Don’t eat fruits close to your bedtime. It will cause your blood sugar and insulin level to spike, which may hinder your sleep. The ideal time to eat fruits would be 3 hours before hitting the bed.
Few delicious and nutritious fruits worth eating
Strawberry is called the “queen of fruits.” In addition to the antioxidants, strawberry is loaded with folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, and dietary fibers. It also has Vitamin C in abundance. The antioxidants present in strawberry protect the body from free radicals which cause cancer as well as blocked blood vessels.
Apple contains loads of flavonoids, antioxidants, and dietary fibers. Eating apples provides you with phytonutrients and antioxidants which are known to reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, and diabetes.
Eating oranges regularly will provide you with the necessary vitamin C that the body needs. It gives you immunity against cold. It also helps maintain normal cholesterol level.
Kiwi is very high in nutrients and also low in calories. It has magnesium, potassium, and loads of dietary fibers. Kiwi helps keep your heart healthy, gives you a beautiful skin, gives you a good sleep, lowers blood pressure, and also prevents constipation. Vitamin C content in kiwi is twice that of an orange.
Watermelon is an immunity booster. It is 90% water, but the glutathione present in watermelon helps boost your body’s immunity. Potassium and Vitamin C is also found in watermelon.