- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 21 hours ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 5 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 6 days ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 7 days ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top Home Made Multani Mitti Hair Packs for Smooth and Silky HairPosted 2 weeks ago
How to boost your immune system with Garlic Milk?
Garlic is an immunity booster. For over 100 years, people have been using garlic as a shield against diseases which ranges from the common cold to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia.
It contains manganese, vitamin C and B6, selenium, fiber, calcium, copper, potassium, and iron etc. On the other hand, milk is a rich source of calcium, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin B12 etc. It helps build healthy bones, repairs muscle tissues, is a source of energy, maintains normal blood pressure, improves eyesight, enhances red blood cell production, and is a good immune system booster.
Garlic milk is a medicinal concoction with numerous health benefits. Here is a recipe for garlic milk.
Recipe for Garlic Milk
- Fresh milk – 1 cup
- Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
- Turmeric Powder – quarter teaspoon
- Pepper and honey to taste.
How to prepare?
Boil milk at a high temperature, add crushed garlic cloves, add some turmeric powder, allow the ingredients to boil until garlic becomes soft, occasional stirring is needed. After boiling, allow the garlic milk to cool at room temperature. Add honey to taste and drink. Don’t waste the crushed garlic cloves, eat them too.
The delicious garlic milk has many healthy benefits and here are few of them.
1) It lowers cholesterol
Drinking garlic milk decreases LDL (bad cholesterol) and at the same time increases HDL (good cholesterol), thus helping you lower the overall cholesterol level.
2) Prevents Jaundice
Garlic milk provides sulphur needed by the liver to remove harmful toxins, thus prevents the onset of jaundice. It is also a rich source of allicin and selenium which helps liver to get rid of fat by producing bile, thus preventing fatty liver.
It improves blood circulation to the important organs of the body, especially to the reproductive organs. Thus, garlic milk is a wonderful remedy for infertility.
4) Improves digestion
Garlic milk induces appetite and aids in digestion. It helps stimulate the secretion of digestive juices. Garlic milk has a soothing effect on the walls of the stomach and the intestine and prevents inflammation too. It eliminates harmful parasites which flourish in the intestine.
5) Prevents arthritis
Drink garlic milk to prevent the onset of arthritis. It also reduces the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis.
Pain along the sciatic nerve can be cured by drinking garlic milk.
7) Insomnia or Sleeplessness
A warm glass of garlic milk just before you hit the bed helps you get a sound sleep.
8) Common cold and flu
Garlic milk boosts your immune system and prevents infections. If you are down with cold and flu, drink garlic milk until you find relief.
9) Breastfeeding mother
Garlic milk increases breast milk output in lactating women.
10) Respiratory disorders
Garlic milk keeps away asthma and pneumonia. It helps strengthen your respiratory system.