- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 day ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 2 days ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 6 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 week ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 week ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
Health Benefits of Banana Stem
Many are aware of the health benefits of banana but not many know the health benefits banana stem. Here are a few health benefits that you derive from eating banana stem.
1) Kidney stones
Include banana stem in your diet to help prevent kidney stones, and if you are down with gall bladder stones, eat banana stem at least twice a week to reduce the size of the stones.
2) Weight loss
For many, losing weight is a herculean task. Banana stem is full of fiber and very filling and will keep you hunger free for a longer time, thus helping you lose weight.
Many suffer from hyperacidity due to lifestyle and food habits. Drink a glass of banana stem juice on an empty stomach at least 3 times a week to help reduce hyperacidity.
Everyone knows that banana is full of fiber and good for constipation. Even banana stem is full of fiber and eating it helps the stools loosen and allows its easy passage without getting constipated.
Include banana stem in your diet, it is an excellent remedy for diabetes as it doesn’t spike blood sugar level.
6) Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Drink banana stem juice to prevent urinary tract infection. It helps reduce the size of kidneys stones.
Banana stem is low in calories and rich in fiber. The fiber present in banana stem flushes out fat from the body and it also slows down the spiking of blood sugar. Drinking banana stem juice is a good option if you are on a weight loss program.
If you are on a weight loss program, here are two recipes for banana stem juice which can be prepared easily at home.
Many of you may not like to drink raw banana stem juice due to the lack of taste, but adding few other ingredients to it may help enhance its taste.
Banana Stem and Buttermilk
- ½ to 1 cup chopped banana stem
- 2 cup buttermilk
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cinnamon, one pinch
Soak the chopped banana stem in a cup of buttermilk and leave it overnight.The next morning, add a dot of cinnamon and ½ to 1 teaspoon of sugar to it, and using a mixer, mix it to a thick paste.
Banana Stem and Apple
- 1 cup chopped banana stem
- 1 medium to large sized apple
- 1 cup of water.
To a cup of water, add chopped banana stem and leave it for about 1 hour, and then using a juicer get the juice out, strain the juice into a glass, and add apple juice to it. If you like to serve it chilled, add few ice cubes to the juice.