- Olive Oil for ConstipationPosted 2 months ago
- Burn your fat with this Pink SmoothiePosted 2 months ago
- Know you are pregnant even before a missed periodPosted 2 months ago
- Potato for Fair Inner ThighsPosted 2 months ago
- Wonderful Homemade Hair RinsesPosted 2 months ago
- Scabies – All You Need to KnowPosted 2 months ago
- Why does your period blood smell?Posted 2 months ago
- Natural Black Curls in a Natural WayPosted 2 months ago
- Silent Signs of Liver CancerPosted 3 months ago
- It Is Time to Detox!!Posted 3 months ago
Apple cider vinegar – how to make this natural home remedy?
Apple cider vinegar is unarguably a marvelous natural remedy that boasts of so many health benefits.
Its health benefits are numerous; from curing the common cold, it is now used as a natural barrier against diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases. It is also used in weight loss program. Apple cider vinegar is super easy and inexpensive to make at home and all you need is a little patience, it takes time for the apples to ferment naturally to alcohol and then to vinegar.
If you are ready, here is the recipe to make your own apple cider vinegar at home.
- Apples – 5-6 organic apples (the sweet ones)
- Sugar, preferably honey – 2 tablespoons
How to prepare Apple cider vinegar
- Wash the organic apples cleanly to remove any dust or pesticides.
- Cut apples into 6 to 8 pieces each. Keep them inside a plate and allow them to get exposed to room temperature, it will turn the apples brown.
- Put these brown colored apple pieces into a wide-mouth glass jar.
- Add honey and pour water until it covers the apples.
- Cover the mouth of the glass jar with cheesecloth; it will allow air to come in contact with the liquid and ferment it into mild alcohol or cider.
- Store the mixture in a warm and dark place, suitably the attic, for 3 to 4 weeks. Every day, make it a point to stir the fermenting liquid.
- At the end of 4 weeks, you will notice a layer of scum on the top of the liquid; this is due to formation of alcohol. Filter this liquid unto another new glass jar using the cheesecloth.
- Cover the new jar of fermented liquid with cheesecloth and leave it in the same warm and dark place, your attic. Leave it to ferment for another 1 to 2 months. Stir the contents every four to five days.
- Check if it has fermented to vinegar by tasting it. You will notice a change in taste when it turns to vinegar, stop the fermentation process.
- Transfer apple cider vinegar into new smaller jars for easy consumption.
Few health benefits of Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps cure hiccups
Irritating hiccups are arrested in its track by just taking only a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
Relieves you from sore throat
Vinegar is acidic in nature, it prevents as well as destroys the bacteria that cause sore throat. Take half cup of apple cider vinegar and mix it with half cup of lukewarm water, gargle the mixture every 1 hour, do so until you feel relieved.
It lowers cholesterol
Studies have found that apple cider vinegar do prevent cholesterol buildup, In fact it lowers cholesterol.
Relieves you from cold and stuffy nose
Drink a glass of water mixed with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to get relief from the nagging stuffy nose. The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar prevents bacterial growth and clears the nasal blockage.
Keeps your face clear off acne
Apply apple cider vinegar to your face to keep it clear off acne. Apple cider vinegar is known to possess antibacterial properties that prevents bacterial growth and keeps acne away.
It prevents bad breath
Gargle a cup of warm water with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to keep your bad breath away. Also, you can drink one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water to keep bad breath away.