- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 day ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 2 days ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 6 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 week ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 week ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
Raisins: The amazing natural laxative for constipation
Constipation is marked by the difficulty to move your bowels to pass stools. It is one of the most common problems that children and adults suffer.
And also those who suffer from constipation keep it to themselves because of embarrassment. If untreated, constipation can lead to stomach ulcers as well as piles. Stress, not drinking enough water, diet without enough fiber, irregular bowel habits, and certain disease conditions contribute to constipation.
Apart from over-the-counter laxatives available at local pharmacies to treat constipation, there are home remedies too. You are going to read one such home remedy for constipation with the use of raisins.
As raisins contain loads of fiber, it acts as a natural laxative.
- 10-12 raisins.
Preparation: Take 10-12 raisins in a small bowl, pour water just to submerge all the raisins, cover the bowl and leave it overnight. The following morning, eat the soaked raisins and also drink the water on an empty stomach, it cures constipation. Continue for 1 to 2 weeks or more.
2) Yogurt-covered raisins
- 10-12 yogurt-covered raisins
The high fiber content in yogurt-covered raisins makes it a natural laxative for constipation. Also, yogurt-covered raisins possess several other health benefits due to its composition of high fiber, calcium, vitamins, and minerals.
Eat 10-12 yogurt-covered raisins on an empty stomach to treat constipation. Continue for at least 1 to 2 weeks for better results.
3) Raisins in boiled milk
- 9-10 raisins
- 1 cup of milk
Preparation: Add 9-10 raisins to a cup of milk, boil it for few minutes, allow it to cool, drink the milk and eat the raisins. Due to the high fiber and calcium content, it loosens your stools for an easy bowel movement. Daily intake is good for people with chronic constipation.
4) Raisins and Apple
Preparation: Take 7-8 raisins along with an equal part of figs, add both to a cup of fresh apple juice, mix all the ingredients in a mixer, you get a juice. Drink the juice to get relief from constipation. This drink is also good for other intestinal problems.
Remember: Not to mistake constipation as a serious disease condition. It is treatable. If you are down with constipation, don’t worry you are not alone, you have friends.