- Arrowroot- A Wonder RemedyPosted 19 hours ago
- Lemon Peels Face Masks for Fair and Flawless SkinPosted 3 days ago
- Lose Weight in Your SleepPosted 4 days ago
- Banana Ginger Smoothie To Help Burn Stomach FatPosted 3 weeks ago
- Lower Your BP In 5 Minutes Without MedicationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Your Lips Show Who You Are!!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rice Flour Face Packs At HomePosted 3 weeks ago
- Kill Cancer With These FoodsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Chocolate in pregnancyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Are you eating too much sugar ?Posted 4 weeks ago
Dandruff scalp – Are you embarrassed to get a haircut?
Dandruff is a common scalp condition wherein there is an excessive formation of small flakes of white or grey dead skin cells on the scalp, it can be itchy, and can also leave a trial of white flakes on your shirts and tops which can at times be embarrassing.
Dandruff also makes your hair look lusterless and rough. There are numerous over-the-counter medications available in the market which can be used to treat dandruff but not without the fear of side effects. Hence, trying out a few tested and proved anti-dandruff home remedies not only helps you prevent dandruff but also helps retain the smoothness and silkiness of your hair. Given below are five home remedies for dandruff.
1) The curd and olive oil treatment
Curd not only prevents hair loss but also acts as a conditioner for the hair preventing dandruff buildup. Olive oil is known to add moisture, strength, smoothness, and shiny luster to the hair, it also prevents split ends.
- Curd – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons.
Preparation: Take a bowl, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to 4 to 5 tablespoons of curd, and beat it thoroughly to mix it well. Apply this preparation to your hair, leave it on for 30 minutes, and then shampoo your hair and wash it off with clean water. Repeat it for at least 3 times a week.
2) The fenugreek and amla treatment
Apart from preventing dandruff, fenugreek and amla combination is known prevent hair fall as well.
- Yogurt – 1 small cup
- Fenugreek or methi seeds – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Few curry leaves
- Amla – 2 to 3 medium sized.
Preparation: Take a bowl, pour 1 small cup of yogurt and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of fenugreek or methi seeds, few curry leaves, and 2 to 3 medium sized amla. Mix all these ingredients and soak it overnight in yogurt. Mash all the ingredients to a paste and apply this paste to your scalp and hair, leave it on for 2 hours, then wash it off with a mild shampoo and clean water. Repeat it for 3 to 4 times a week.
3) Henna treatment
Henna with its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties is known to prevent dandruff as well as hair fall.
- Henna powder – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons
- Egg white – 1
- Fenugreek or methi seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Curd – 5 tablespoons.
Preparation: Mix well all the above said ingredients in a bowl and soak it overnight. The next day morning, apply this preparation to your scalp and hair, leave it on for three hours, and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo and clean water. Repeat it for at least 3 to 4 times a week.
4) Coconut oil and lemon massage
The citric acid present in lemon with the combined power of coconut oil is known to remove dandruff effectively and that too in a short period of time.
- Coconut oil – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 2 to 3 tablespoons
Preparation: Take a small bowel, mix coconut oil and lime juice, apply it gently over your scalp, and leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash it off with a mild shampoo and clean water. Repeat it for 3 to 4 times a week or until your dandruff disappears.
5) Apple cider vinegar treatment
- Apple cider vinegar – One part
- Water – One part
Preparation: Mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part water in a bowl.Gently massage it over your scalp, leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with mild shampoo and clean water.Repeat it on a daily basis until you are free of dandruff.