- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 day ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 2 days ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 6 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 week ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 week ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
NO to drying laundry indoors
Drying clothes outdoor saves energy and money; it costs you nothing as it uses the energy from the sun, and it is also environmentally friendly.
But what about prolonged wet weathers, say rainy or winter season, when drying clothes outdoor becomes very difficult. You might have the option to use tumble dryers, but you don’t use it. You think it saves energy bills and some of your clothes cannot be tumble dried.
Finally, you choose to hang it all around the house, the living room, the bedroom, and maybe even the kitchen, and switch on the heating unaware of the fact that you are risking both yours and your family’s health. Read on for more information
After carrying out a 3-year study on public housing units, Scottish researchers from the Mackintosh Environmental Architecture Research Unit (MEARU), Glasgow School of Art, opine that drying clothes indoors and that too in poorly ventilated rooms can add up moisture levels up to 30% more creating a friendly breeding ground for dust mites and mold spores which can pose serious threat to people with asthma and weakened immune system.
The scientists were especially worried about Aspergillus fumigatus, a mold spore, which causes respiratory disorders in people with weakened immune systems. According to the researchers, most of the healthy individuals are immune to these spores but patients with asthma, cancer, or people with weakened immune systems like in AIDS, inhaling these spores can cause pulmonary aspergillosis, a condition which can be fatal or can cause irreversible damage to the lungs.
Scientists say that in wet weathers, it is advisable to dry clothes in tumble dryers or use a well-ventilated indoor space which is away from your living rooms or bedrooms.
Say a big NO-NO to drying clothes indoor to be safe now rather than sorry later.