- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 21 hours ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 5 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 6 days ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 7 days ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top Home Made Multani Mitti Hair Packs for Smooth and Silky HairPosted 2 weeks ago
Save your sperm – Avoid keeping cellphone in your trouser pockets
Cellphone provides an efficient and easy way to communicate with your friends, colleagues, and relatives, and in today’s world, to possess and flash out a high-end Smartphone in public is considered to be a status symbol.
Apart from its usefulness, you should also be aware of the potential dangers that cellphone could cause to your health, especially male infertility.
Cellphone emits a form of energy known as radiofrequency (RF) waves, and numerous studies in this direction have shown that long-term exposure to it and that too at a close proximity like keeping cellphone in your trouser pockets could cause extensive damage to the quality and quantity of sperms.
Coming to it, some of you might have the habit of carrying cellphones in your trouser pockets, which according to a study conducted at the University of Exeter, UK, can cause male infertility. The study lead author Dr. Fiona Mathews, University of Exeter, UK, and her team found that sperm motility decreased by 8% and viability by 9% in a study conducted on 1492 semen samples that were collected and exposed to electromagnetic radiation from cellphones. The study also found that keeping cellphone in the trouser pockets can also expose your testes to EMR such that it raises the temperature of the testes and hampers normal sperm production.
According to Dr. Devra Lee Davis, Environmental Health Trust, USA, keeping cellphone in trouser pockets can cause fertility problems in males. She opined that cellphone radiation caused the death of sperms three times faster than those which were not exposed. It also decreased sperm count as well as motility.
Similarly, a study carried out by Dr. Imre Fejes, University of Szegad, Hungary, and his team showed that men who were exposed to cellphone radiation had a significant drop in sperm count and it was 59 million sperms per milliliter compared to that of 83 million sperms per milliliter for men who were not exposed. The motility rate of sperms in men who were exposed to cellphone radiation decreased to around 36.3% compared to 51.3% for men who were not exposed.
Even though studies do not show exactly how much of cellphone radiation is required to bring down sperm quality and quantity, all the studies conducted in this direction showed that there are enough reasons to believe that the cellphone radiations do contribute to male infertility.
It is difficult to keep yourself away from your cellphone but try keeping it away at a safe distance when not in use. Easier said than done, isn’t it?