- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 1 day ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 2 days ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 6 days ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 week ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 week ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 2 weeks ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 2 weeks ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 2 weeks ago
9-inexpensive home cures for Ringworm
Ringworm (tinea) is an infection of the skin caused by various fungi and not by any worms as the name suggest.
Ringworm can affect your body (tinea corporis), nails (tinea unguium), groin (tinea cruris), face (tinea faciel), or scalp (tinea capititis). It shows itself as an itchy, circular, red patch on the skin, sometimes with blisters and oozing. As ringworm is contagious in nature, treatment should start immediately. Apart from over-the-counter oral antifungal medicines and ointments, there are few excellent and effective home-made remedies for ringworm. Read on for more information
1) Treatment of ringworm with tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is used in the treatment of ringworm as it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties. Care should be taken to use 100% tea tree oil.
Dip a cotton ball or swab into a small cup containing tea tree oil, apply it to the ringworm affected area, leave it for 20-30 minutes, wash it off with warm water, repeat it 3-4 times a day for at least 3-4 weeks.
2) Ringworm treatment with camphor
Camphor is used in the treatment of ringworm as it has strong antifungal properties.
Take few camphor pieces or camphor powder and mix it with a tablespoon of sesame oil or almond oil to make a paste, apply it to the ringworm affected area, and repeat it 2-3 times a day for at least 2 weeks.
[See Also : Coconut Milk for Hair Health ]
3) Ringworm treatment with coconut oil
Coconut oil is best when used for ringworm of the scalp (tinea capititis). Apply coconut oil gently and thoroughly to your scalp area, leave it overnight, and gently wash it off the next morning. It gives you relief from itchiness and also prevents it from spreading to other areas.
4) Ringworm treatment with neem
Studies have proven that neem is an effective treatment for ringworm.
Take a teaspoon of neem powder, mix it well with little water, make a paste, and apply it to your ringworm affected area, do it 2 times daily for at least 1-2 weeks.
5) Ringworm treatment with mustard seeds
Mustard seeds carry antifungal properties, best against ringworm as it gives you relief from the itchiness and irritation.
Grind mustard seeds with little water to make a thick paste, apply it to the affected area, wait for at least 20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water, itchiness and irritation are cured this way, do it 1-2 times a day for at least 3 to 4 weeks for better results.
6) Ringworm treatment with turmeric
Turmeric is an effective treatment for ringworm as it carries antifungal, antiseptic, and antiinflammatory properties.
Take some turmeric powder, make a paste using little water, apply the paste to the affected area with a cotton swab, leave it for 10 to 20 minutes, wash it off with warm water and a mild soap, do this at least 3 times a day and continue until ringworm infection disappears.
7) Ringworm treatment with vinegar and Salt
The combination of vinegar and salt is one of the best treatments for ringworm.
Make a thick paste of vinegar and salt, apply it to the affected area, and leave it for 5-10 minutes, for better results do it for 2-3 times a day for at least 2 weeks.
8) Ringworm treatment with Aloe Vera
The extracted gel of Aloe Vera is an effective treatment for ringworm.
Take few Aloe Vera leaves, extract its gel, apply it to ringworm affected area, leave it on overnight, and wash it off the next morning. Repeat twice or thrice a day until the infection disappears.
[See Also : Papaya for a Healthy Skin ]
9) Ringworm treatment with raw papaya
Raw papaya contains papain and chymopapain which is very effective against ringworm. Not only it gives you relief from itchiness and irritation, it also peels of the dead cells surrounding the infected area.
Cut a few pieces of raw papaya, grind it well, make a paste, apply it to the affected area, leave it for 10-15 minutes, wash it off with warm water, repeat it for 2-3 times a day for at least one week or until the infection disappears.
Preventive measures for Ringworm
- As ringworm is contagious, it can spread, even from your pets. If your pets are infected with ringworm, ensure proper treatment as well as you should avoid any direct contact with your pet’s ringworm affected areas.
- Personal hygiene is one form of keeping away from ringworm. Keep your surrounding clean, wash your hands properly using soap or hand wash after handling anything dirty, this would avoid spread of germs.
- If you are infected with ringworm, don’t share your towels or clothes, even with your dear ones. It is a big NO-NO as chances of spreading it to others are very high.
- Change your socks and inner garments on a daily basis to keep away from contacting ringworm. Also avoid tight inner garments.
- If you are infected with ringworm, wash your clothes with antifungal soaps to avoid spreading to other parts of your body as well as to other members of your family.