- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 10 hours ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 day ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 2 days ago
- 7 Adverse Effects of Eating Too Many TomatoesPosted 5 days ago
- 8-Foods To Avoid This SummerPosted 6 days ago
- 5–Simple and Amazing Homemade Rose Petal Face Packs for a Youthful SkinPosted 1 week ago
- How to Lose 5 Kilos in just 3 Days – The Pineapple DietPosted 1 week ago
- Top Home Made Multani Mitti Hair Packs for Smooth and Silky HairPosted 1 week ago
- Deadly Cancer Signs Most Women IgnorePosted 1 week ago
- 6-Things a Woman Should Avoid Doing to Her Lady PartsPosted 2 weeks ago
Body Fat – No more Extra
"Body fat" is a word that everyone dreads to hear. Not necessarily! It is imperative to know that your body fat defines your existence, preserves your body heat, and protects your organs against an injury like a cushion.
You mess up with "body fat", only, when your body starts storing too much of it. Your lifestyle habits contribute to that extra flab on your waist, which leads to diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and heart diseases. Caroline Apovian, an associate professor at Boston Medical Center, states that the normal body fat for men is 8 to 15 percent and for women 20 to 30 percent of their total body mass.
Your body fat can be measured using different approaches like underwater weighing, bioelectric impedance analysis (BIA), and the most preferred one is Body Mass Index (BMI).
Body Mass Index (BMI) is used as a screening tool to determine whether you are healthy, underweight, overweight, or obese. For a male with a waist size of more than 40 inches, it is a cause for concern. For women, a waist size of 35 inches is concerning. If your BMI suggests you are overweight or obese, lifestyle modifications are warranted to avoid threats to your health. If your body fat has overshot the normal range of BMI, try and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
[See Also : Flushing the Fat Out with Water ]
The benefits of accommodating a healthy lifestyle are numerous. Few lifestyle modifications that can be integrated to your daily life are discussed below:
Try not to smoke or not to be a passive smoker. If you are a chronic smoker, then seek help.
Check your blood pressure on a regular basis. Seek medical attention if you are diagnosed with high blood pressure.
Check your blood sugar levels on a regular basis. If they pose any threat to your health, seek medical attention.
Schedule regular checkups with your doctor.
[See Also : Burn Down Your Fat, Naturally ]
Go to the gym, play tennis, do aerobic exercise, walk, jog, or run, the whole game is to keep you active to be fit as a fiddle.
It is a fact that stress is an integral part of everyone's life in today's world. Try and cut this out from your life. Try relaxing techniques and meditation. Take a break from your busy schedule, go for a vacation, or just relax by the poolside.
Eat a heart-healthy diet. Add lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, and whole grains to your daily food chart.
AS THE OLD SAYING GOES "HEALTH IS WEALTH". ENJOY IT.