- Olive Oil for ConstipationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Burn your fat with this Pink SmoothiePosted 2 weeks ago
- Know you are pregnant even before a missed periodPosted 2 weeks ago
- Potato for Fair Inner ThighsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wonderful Homemade Hair RinsesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Scabies – All You Need to KnowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Why does your period blood smell?Posted 3 weeks ago
- Natural Black Curls in a Natural WayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Silent Signs of Liver CancerPosted 4 weeks ago
- It Is Time to Detox!!Posted 1 month ago
Natural Remedies for Vaginal Odor
Vaginal odor may vary throughout your menstrual cycle and it is a very common problem among females. Vaginal odor is nothing but an unpleasant odor that comes from the vagina.
It can be due to bacterial or yeast infection, sexually transmitted disease and even due to poor sanitation. Sometimes the odor depends on your daily activities and your diet. Vaginal odor can be really embarrassing, and it is necessary to treat it at the earliest.
The most common causes of vaginal odor are yeast infection, gonorrhea, consuming too much sugary food, bacterial vaginosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, poor hygiene practices, genital herpes, tight clothes, douching, using scented or harsh soaps, etc.
Vaginal odor can be treated at home by using the following natural remedies.
Eating yoghurt helps a lot in controlling vaginal odor. It is high in lactobacillus content, which helps to maintain the pH level in the vagina. You can also apply yoghurt topically on the vagina. Take a tampon and soak it in yoghurt diluted with water. Now, place the tampon into your vagina for about 5 minutes. Then, rinse the vagina properly with cold water.
Tea Tree Oil
It is an excellent anti-fungal and anti-bacterial herbal remedy. Take 2 teaspoons of it and dilute it by adding some water. Now, soak a tampon in this solution and place it into your vagina for a few minutes. Apply it 1 hour before you go for a bath. Repeat the process daily for a week.
Soak 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in 1 glass of water and leave it for a night. Strain it, and then drink this water, when you wake up the next morning, before having breakfast. Repeat this remedy for about 2 weeks. Fenugreek is one of the best herbal remedies for vaginal odor.
Garlic also helps to reduce vaginal odor. Make some fresh garlic paste and apply it on the vaginal walls. Let it remain for around 8-10 minutes. Have bath after applying this remedy. Garlic is a strong anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent and helps to fight against the bacteria that cause vaginal odor.
Neem is one of the best ways to deal with vaginal odor. Boil some neem leaves in water. After it has cooled down, rinse the vagina with this water. You can also use neem oil.
Add half cup of white vinegar and a little bit of salt in a bath tub, containing warm water. Soak your vagina into it. White vinegar gives relief from the problem of vaginal odor to a great extent as it maintains a balance of pH in the vagina.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
You can have Indian gooseberry, either raw or in the form of pickle, in order to get away with vaginal odor. Indian gooseberry is a natural blood purifier and prevents any type of infection, such as leucorrhoea that can cause vaginal odor.
Baking soda helps maintain a pH balance in the body. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Drink this solution. Alternatively, add baking soda in your bath water and soak your vagina in it. Then, dry it with the help of a clean towel. This remedy will remove the odor quickly.
Guava leaves have antioxidants, antibacterial, and anti-provocative properties along with certain beneficial tannins. These leaves have been utilized traditionally for medicinal uses as a part of various diseases. While guavas help reduce menstrual issues in women, guava leaves when boiled with water give an excellent solution to cure vaginal discharge problems.
Take 8-10 guava leaves and a liter of water. Add guava leaves to the water. Boil this water till it reduces to half its quantity and let it cool. Strain and utilize the water for washing your vaginal area. You can thoroughly rinse your vagina with this water. Do this two times in a day to get the best result.
Turmeric & Milk
Turmeric is a natural anti-bacterial herb that protects your vagina from viral infections. We can utilize turmeric and milk to make an herbal remedy for vaginal odor removal.
Take a glass of warm milk and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add turmeric powder to warm milk. Mix well and drink this daily until your vaginal odor and infection is cured.
- Avoid douching
- Avoid tight fitting panties and clothes
- Change sanitary napkins or tampons frequently
- Avoid scented soaps, powders or scented pads
- Decrease your intake of sugary foods
- Avoid very hot showers as it may kill the necessary bacteria in the vagina
- You should wear cotton panties as this will provide ventilation to the vaginal area.
- Wash your vagina properly after intercourse and pee.
- Always wear loose fitting apparel. Tight pants or pants don’t allow air to flow and result in sweating which gives rise to vaginal odor.