- 5 Besan or Gram flour Face Packs to Revitalize Your SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- Do You Want to Get Rid of Termites? – Try these Home-made RemediesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mustard Oil for Bouncy and Silky Hair GrowthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10-Foods to Keep Your Uric Acid Levels LowPosted 3 weeks ago
- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 4 weeks ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 4 weeks ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 1 month ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 month ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 month ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 month ago
Natural Remedies for Gallstones
Gallbladder is not a very prominent figure in anatomy and is overshadowed by liver and other parts of the digestive system. The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ that sits underneath your liver.
It stores and concentrates bile, which helps to digest the fats consumed in your diet. Gallstones are small stones formed in the gall bladder from cholesterol, bile salts, and calcium. The disease is referred as cholelithiasis in medical terms. The size of a gall stone can vary a lot and from being minute, it can reach a size of a golf ball. These stones are categorized into two based on the content it is formed by like the cholesterol or the pigment.
Cholesterol Stones: They are formed by hardening of cholesterol and they are very commonly seen gallbladder stones. They are usually yellow – green in color.
Pigment Stones: They are less common and they are due to the pigment bilirubin. They are usually smaller in size compared to cholesterol stones and are dark in color.
Gall bladder can lose its function due to gallbladder stones. This might also cause fibrosis as well as might stop gallbladder from working in a right manner. The risk of cancer can also be seen due to these stones. Surgery is the only way for some of the cases of gallbladder and this is done only if there is no other way to sort the problem.
Uneasiness, nausea/frequent vomiting, yellowing of skin and eyes (jaundice), pain in between the shoulder blades, upper abdominal pain for short or long time, indigestion on a regular basis, and severe back pain.
Lack of exercise, sudden change in diet structure and metabolism, starvation and weight reduction, junk food consumption, cholesterol lowering medication, excess cholesterol accumulation, birth control pills, estrogen in pregnant women, diabetes, obesity, and heredity.
The main remedy for gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.
- Drink four tablespoons of lemon juice every day on an empty stomach. Continue this treatment for a week. It will help to eliminate the gallstones. Also drink plenty of water so that the process of flushing out the gallstones becomes easier.
- Combine the juice of cucumber, carrots and beets, and drink twice daily.
- Olive oil and sunflower oil constitute an effective natural treatment for gallstones. Combine 30 ml each of unrefined olive and sunflower oil. You can then drink about 120 ml of grapefruit juice. Do this for a few days to purge the gallstones.
- Pears are known to help in providing gallstone pain relief. Eating pears helps to soften the gallstones.
- Drink apple juice for a couple of days and then consume about three ounces of fresh lemon juice and three ounces of olive oil. You should be able to pass the stones with the help of this treatment.
- Citrus fruits contain pectin which is helpful in treating the problem of gallstones.
- The herb quebra pedra can be made into a tea and consumed for relief from gallstone symptoms. Add a couple of teaspoons of the herbal extract to 500 ml of water. Continue the treatment for a month.
- Add some honey to one teaspoon of turmeric and consume daily.
- Artichoke leaf extracts are believed to help in preventing the formation of gallstones.
- The herbs milk thistle and dandelion contain certain compounds which aid in flushing out gallstones. You can use these herbs in the form of tincture or tea.
- Rosemary is another important herb which helps to treat gallstones. It improves bile production and prevents spasms in the bile duct. It also helps in the breakdown of fats.
- To increase the flow of bile, use the herb wild yam. It relieves spasms of the bile duct and reduces pain.
- Beetroot and carrot juice. Extract beet-root juice from raw beet-root by grinding it in a blender. Do the same with cucumber and carrot. Now take equal portions of carrot, beet-root and cucumber juice and mix them well. Drink this juice twice a day for three to four days to effective remove gallbladder discomfort.
- Diet low in fat and cholesterol. It is suggested that a healthy diet that is devoid of fat and cholesterol will help in effectively reducing the gallstones. Fiber rich foods are ideal as it will help in keeping the digestive system from functioning properly. A low fat diet will help in preventing the buildup of cholesterol in the gall bladder.
- Vegetables. It is ideal for you to replace your fatty diet into something that is very healthy and rich in fiber. Make sure that you replace one meal of the day with only high fiber vegetable diet.
Yoga for Gallbladder Problems
To avoid the surgical treatment, it is important to know things which help to heal the gall stone and to reduce the size of it. These things will reduce the gallstone and makes the residue pass through urine and will heal without getting noticed to the patients.
These yogasanas has to be followed and repeated everyday early in the morning and specifically in empty stomach. This will help one to overcome the problem. This is one of the best ways of treating oneself. Some of them can be followed even when they have no gall stone problem which will in turn stop this from occurring. These things are easy and one can find these remedies at home, in kitchen and the yoga can be practiced as a part of daily exercise.
Consult your doctor if you experience any of the signs and symptoms of gallstones such as abdominal pain or pain in the back or right shoulder.