- Olive Oil for ConstipationPosted 3 months ago
- Burn your fat with this Pink SmoothiePosted 3 months ago
- Know you are pregnant even before a missed periodPosted 3 months ago
- Potato for Fair Inner ThighsPosted 3 months ago
- Wonderful Homemade Hair RinsesPosted 3 months ago
- Scabies – All You Need to KnowPosted 3 months ago
- Why does your period blood smell?Posted 3 months ago
- Natural Black Curls in a Natural WayPosted 3 months ago
- Silent Signs of Liver CancerPosted 4 months ago
- It Is Time to Detox!!Posted 4 months ago
How to Treat Pus Cells in Urine
Pus is a whitish or yellowish or slightly green substance which is thick like glue. Pus in urine signifies that the body is fighting an infection in the lower or upper urinary tract.
Pus contains dead skin cells, bacteria, and white blood cells. The medical term for the pus in urine condition is known as pyuria and it is a common symptom for various medical conditions. The most common reason for pyuria is the existence of urinary tract infection. Women are more prone to urinary tract infections.
The two most common causes for the presence of pus cells in urine are urinary tract infection or UTI and sexually transmitted diseases.
Some of the other causes for pus seen in urine are:
- Viral infections
- Anaerobic bacterial infection
- Fungal infections
- Chemical poisoning
- Kidney stones
- Fastidious bacteria
- Tuberculosis of the urinary tract
- Infection in prostate glands in men
- Cancer of the urinary organs or genital organs
Sometimes there won’t be any symptoms of urinary tract infection or the presence of pus in the urine. When the symptoms occur they are as follows:
- Foul smelling urine
- Cloudy urine
- Frequent urination
- Pain or discomfort while urinating
- Abdominal cramps
You can use various home remedies to control the symptoms such as pain, irritation, vomiting, etc., and to remove the pus cells.
- Take sufficient water, fluids in any form such as juices without sugar, coconut water lemon water, etc., helps to remove the infection through urine.
- Avoid spicy foods, coffee, tea etc. if you suspect urinary tract infection
- Bacteria that affect the urinary system pass through stools. So, clean the anus from front to back after defecating
- Another mode of transmission of the bacteria from one person to the other is through sexual intercourse. So, it is necessary to pass urine before and after sexual intercourse and keep the genitals clean.
- Avoid resisting the urge to urinate. Holding the urine for long keeps the harmful bacteria inside the bladder.
The main problem associated with pus cells in urine is the severe pain or burning sensation while urinating and the urine that looks cloudy with pus cells. At early stages it is possible to treat the urinary tract infections using home remedies. Negligence will result in infection of the kidneys which may cause vomiting, chills, back pain, fever, etc. There are numerous home remedies available for UTI infections and for sexually transmitted diseases, which will help to remove the pus cells from urine.
This is one of the most popular home remedies to control the pus cells in the urine caused by the UTI. The juice of cranberry is acidic in nature and this makes it hard for the bacteria to survive in the body of a person regularly taking cranberry juice. Another component in cranberry called proanthocyanins prevents the bacteria from the adhering to the walls of the urinary tract. Hence the bacteria get removed from the body along with urine. Take unsweetened juice to get faster results. The sugar content in the juice will reduce the acidity of the juice. It is necessary to consume at least 400 ml of juice every day.
This herb has antiseptic property. The active component which gives the anti- septic property is called arbutin. This herb is effective in reducing urinary tract infections and thus reducing the pus in urine. This herb has tannin content hence pregnant women should avoid taking this herb. To treat UTI the herb can be used in capsule form or along with tea.
This is one of the cheapest and the easily available remedy to reduce the problem of pus in the urine. Drinking water regularly will help to wash down the bacteria and its removal through urine.
Women should avoid douching if the pus in urine is caused by sexually transmitted diseases. Douching changes the normal pH balance of the vagina and it can flush the infection in the uterus and fallopian tubes and this will result in pelvic inflammatory disease.
This herb is effective in treating Chlamydia which is a cause of pus cell in urine. If you think Chlamydia is the reason for your condition you can take this herb in the capsule form. You can consume one or two capsules per day. This herb is capable of stimulating the immune system and boost the defense of the body this will reduce the infection and the formation of pus.
This herb has antimicrobial property and it helps to strengthen the immune system. You can consume it in the form of capsule to treat Chlamydia infection.
Garlic is helpful in the treatment of various health conditions. It can be also used in the treatment of Chlamydia as it has a natural antibiotic effect.
If you are having first signs of urinary tract infection which can lead to formation of pus in urine, try using a mixture of ½ teaspoon baking soda with eight ounces of water. Drink this mix to maintain the acid-base balance and to prevent the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract.
Cucumber will cool your body and increase the quantity of urine expelled from the body. Take 25 ml of cucumber juice three times a day to get rid of UTI.
If you are suffering from pus in urine, take 2 grams of cinnamon powder with a glass of water. This will reduce the discomfort and pain during passing the urine.
It is necessary to have a hygienic lifestyle to prevent infections and to get rid of the infections. Take daily showers and use herbal products to clean the body. Do not use chemicals or harsh soaps to clean the genital area.
No Alcohol & Smoking
Avoiding alcohol and smoking will improve the resistance power of the body and the body will be able to fight the infections better. This will reduce the pus formation.
Pineapple is another effective remedy for reducing the inflammations caused by UTI. When pineapple is consumed regularly, the enzyme present in it called bromelain will reduce the urinary tract infection. This enzyme is well known for its anti-inflammatory property.
Note that some infections are difficult to cure with home remedies and if the symptoms persist or worsen, please consult your doctor.
Image courtesy: arizonaima.com