- Olive Oil for ConstipationPosted 1 week ago
- Burn your fat with this Pink SmoothiePosted 2 weeks ago
- Know you are pregnant even before a missed periodPosted 2 weeks ago
- Potato for Fair Inner ThighsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wonderful Homemade Hair RinsesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Scabies – All You Need to KnowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Why does your period blood smell?Posted 3 weeks ago
- Natural Black Curls in a Natural WayPosted 3 weeks ago
- Silent Signs of Liver CancerPosted 3 weeks ago
- It Is Time to Detox!!Posted 4 weeks ago
IVF & Artificial Insemination
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a process by which an egg is fertilized by sperm outside the body. IVF is a major treatment for infertility when other methods of assisted reproductive technology have failed.
The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman’s ovulatory process, removing ova (eggs) from the woman’s ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a fluid medium in a laboratory. The fertilized egg (zygote) cultured for 2–6 days in a growth medium and is then transferred to the patient’s uterus with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy.
Artificial insemination is the deliberate introduction of semen into a female’s vagina or oviduct for the purpose of achieving a pregnancy through fertilization by means other than copulation. It is the medical alternative to sexual intercourse, or natural insemination. Artificial insemination is a means of attaining pregnancy not involving sexual intercourse. A couple having trouble getting pregnant can benefit from the exact timing and placement of the sperm.
Watch these videos and be well informed about IVF and artificial insemination.
Image courtesy: rawstory.com