- Olive Oil for ConstipationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Burn your fat with this Pink SmoothiePosted 2 weeks ago
- Know you are pregnant even before a missed periodPosted 3 weeks ago
- Potato for Fair Inner ThighsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wonderful Homemade Hair RinsesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Scabies – All You Need to KnowPosted 4 weeks ago
- Why does your period blood smell?Posted 4 weeks ago
- Natural Black Curls in a Natural WayPosted 4 weeks ago
- Silent Signs of Liver CancerPosted 4 weeks ago
- It Is Time to Detox!!Posted 1 month ago
Get Rid of Unwanted Body Hair
Body hair is known to have vital functions. It helps to protect the skin from the dust particles. It acts as a protective layer over the fine and delicate skin cells and to preserve the body heat.
However, it is seen as unsightly when the hair is in excess. Thus, nowadays men and women are obsessed about removing body hair in order to flaunt their skin and complexion. This article is the result of the narcissistic wish to get rid of excess body and facial hair.
It is common to have body hair. Some people have more hair growth on their body than others. However, there are certain hormonal conditions that bring on excess hair growth.
- Hirsutism is a condition that is caused by a hormonal disorder; it leads to excessive hair growth.
- Excessive hair growth or abnormal hair growth on the face or other areas of the body is mainly caused by hormonal changes.
- An increase in the level of androgen in women can increase facial hair growth.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome can lead to excessive hair growth.
- Tumor in the adrenal gland.
- Insulin resistance.
- Cushing’s disease.
Getting Rid of Hair
Nowadays there are many cosmetic methods and devices that help one to control their body hair and facial hair growth. Most men and women nowadays frequent clinics in order to get waxing treatments done as well as other procedures like electrolysis, laser hair removal, and other more permanent solutions. However, such procedures prove costly and time consuming. EHC brings to you some home remedies to get the body hair removed and keep the growth under control.
- Using a home-made scrub: Mix the following – Turmeric powder, gram flour, and water. Such a paste needs to be applied on the body and face and allowed to dry. It should then be rubbed off gently. It helps to remove excess facial and fine body hair.
- Use of pumice stone: This stone is known to help scrub off fine hair when used regularly. While taking bath it should be used to scrub the hands and legs.
- Home-made wax treatment: Make a mixture of honey, lemon, and sugar. Apply the heated mixture on the areas where the hair has to be removed. The hair should not be too long or dense. Once the mixture is applied, a strip of cellophane or fabric can be used to pull off the hair from the roots. The fabric or cellophane should be pulled in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Using wax for male chest hair: Hot, molten wax should be used here. Once it is applied, cloth should be used or cellophane to pull off the hair.
- Plucking or tweezing: When one has a few hairs on the chin as some women do, it is best to pluck off the hair with a pair of tweezers.
- Shaving: It is an easy way to get rid of excess body hair. A simple razor can be used to shave off unwanted hair from hands, legs and even underarms while taking bath. One should lather up well with soap or a shaving cream. It is best to use warm water before doing the shaving as it helps to open up the pores. Once the shaving is done, cold water will help to close the pores.
- Removing hair from eyebrows: Tweezing or plucking will help to remove excess hair from the eyebrows. Using a small scissor could also do the trick.
- Depilatory creams: If you would rather not use the painful waxing treatment you can opt for a depilatory cream. One needs to apply the cream over the area where hair has to be taken off. Leave it on for ten or fifteen minutes. Wash it off.
- Eat soy products: Have soy bean and similar products more in your diet. As they help to increase the estrogen levels, the androgen levels are kept in control.
- Have a balanced diet: If you have a low body weight and body fat, you might see an increase in body hair to keep body temperature optimal. So, follow a balanced diet and include healthy fats, milk and veggies in your diet.