- Microvascular Re-implantation of HandPosted 8 hours ago
- Poor Blood Circulation – Effects & Natural RemediesPosted 1 day ago
- Your Kitchen Has All The Natural RemediesPosted 2 days ago
- Sensual Dreams & Their InterpretationsPosted 3 days ago
- Brain Development in Children – What to EatPosted 4 days ago
- Pre-Diabetes – Risks, Symptoms, & ManagementPosted 5 days ago
- Things You Should Never Ask a Single GirlPosted 6 days ago
- Soup Recipes for Weight LossPosted 1 week ago
- Surviving Heart Disease – Saving HeartPosted 1 week ago
- The Disadvantages of SodiumPosted 1 week ago
Health Benefits of Storing Drinking Water in Copper Utensils
Copper is an essential nutrient required by the body. A variety of biochemical processes and critical enzymes in human body needs copper to function properly.
Copper is good for you. If you want to live long and stay healthy, keep your drinking water in copper utensils, as copper kills unwanted organism and filter the water till it is pure.
Copper was being used in various forms for health since ancient times. Indians have been using copper before 2200 BC for storing drinking water for the purpose of sterilization. Storing water for about 3 hours in a copper jug can kill harmful bacteria. The copper reacts with water and ionizes it. This water is an excellent remedy to several diseases.
The metal copper has electromagnetic energy which is called Prana Shakti. Drinking water that is stored for 8-10 hours in a copper vessel is very much beneficial for a body to stay healthy. Copper makes the water ionic which helps to maintain body’s pH (acid-alkaline) balance.
Ayurveda advises to keep drinking water in a copper jug in the night and drink it in the morning. This is called tamra jal. This tamra jal will prevent you from all the three doshas: Kapha, Vata, and Pitta (blood, phlegm, and bile).
Benefits of Copper
- Copper is also an antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic that prevents cell damage and slows aging.
- Copper also helps in healing wounds and relieving pains.
- Copper possesses anti-convulsion properties and prevent seizures. It synthesizes phospholipids that are essential for myelin (nerve coating) formation.
- Copper helps in formation of new cells, iron absorption, and sugar absorption.
- Copper is widely known as brain stimulant.
- Copper is the primary element to produce melanin (pigmentation of eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies.
- Copper has anti-microbial properties and can inhibit growth of harmful bacteria like E.Coli or Staphylococcus aureus which are viable on glass or stainless steel.
- It can prevent amoebiasis, dyesentry, diahrrhea, cholera, jaundince, and other water borne diseases.
- Copper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains.
- Copper is needed for general cardiovascular health.
- Copper may prevent degenerative diseases, heart diseases, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, cataracts, Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes.
- It regulates thyroid glands.
- It is essential for hemoglobin synthesis, bone strength and immunity building.
- Reduces cholesterol. Research studies have shown that copper can reduce bad cholesterol level and helps in increasing beneficial cholesterol.
So How Do You Actually Eat Copper?
The simplest, purest, most natural way to actually take small amounts of copper daily is to drink filtered copper water. By using a pure copper cup, fill the cup with filtered water before going to bed and leave it at room temperature. In the morning, the cup would have picked up small amounts of copper from the glass. Drink the full glass of water first thing in the morning. Refill the cup with filtered water and repeat every evening.
Other Sources of Copper
Honey, beans, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, liver, meat, seafood, soy flour, wheat bran, almonds, avocados, barley, garlic, nuts, oats, blackstrap molasses ,beets and lentils. Copper also reaches human body by drinking water from copper pipes and by using copper cooking wear. Oysters are the richest sources of copper. Copper content is lost because of prolonged storing in tin cans and in food materials that are high in acid content.
Deficiency of Copper
Deficiency of copper can cause anemia, osteoporosis, low WBCs, elevated cholesterol, low skin pigmentation, thyroid problems, nervous system disorders, etc.
Human body cannot synthesize copper and to carry out normal metabolic functions, copper intake is essential. Average intake of 1.2 mg/day (trace amounts) is recommended for adults. In a copper jug, copper intake is only in trace amounts that cannot be toxic.
Cleaning Your Copper Jug
Copper gets dark stains with use and exposure to air. You can just use a piece of lime to get the same shiny finish it had when you bought it. If not lime, try salt or baking soda and vinegar to clean it.
Can We Cook Food in Copper Vessels?
Yes, but copper reacts with certain food because it is slightly acidic in nature and may lead to health related issues and even cause poisoning of food. Therefore, copper vessels should never be used to store or cook pickles or acidic food.
Also milk and milk products such as curds, butter, and ice creams react very quickly with copper. So never store these in such vessels. Never keep honey, citrus juice, and citrus fruits in copper vessels.
Such food after reacting with copper leads to many problems related to digestive system such as gastrointestinal infection, nausea, stomachache, acidic and metallic feeling on the tongue, dizziness and feeling of frequent thirst. Having excess of copper may lead to short or long term health issues and you may need a doctor to overcome these.
What New Research Tells About Copper
Researchers from the Medical University of South Carolina have confirmed that using copper metal surfaces at hospitals significantly reduces hospital-acquired infections. This study, published recently in the Journal of Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. The research was done in a hospital ICU. The research found that the rooms with copper-surfaced objects had less than half the infection incidence than those rooms without copper. Infection rates for MRSA and VRE in the copper rooms were also significantly lower in the copper-containing rooms as compared to rooms without copper.
No wonder our ancestors had copper vessels to keep the drinking water. And don’t you think they had lived longer and healthier than their modern aqua-filtering counterparts! A debate may be on, but again, copper is good for you.