- 5 Besan or Gram flour Face Packs to Revitalize Your SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- Do You Want to Get Rid of Termites? – Try these Home-made RemediesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mustard Oil for Bouncy and Silky Hair GrowthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Top 10-Foods to Keep Your Uric Acid Levels LowPosted 3 weeks ago
- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 4 weeks ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 4 weeks ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 1 month ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 month ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 month ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 month ago
How to Get Rid of a Double Chin?
How do you envisage a three-tire belly with a double chin? Yikes! Double chin has become a complement of aging, and a sign of our mental and physical ill health.
Because our lifestyles have become more sedentary and we abuse our bodies with junk food, alcohol and colas, obesity is one of the hallmarks of our times. A double chin is nothing more than fat accumulated around the neck, just like the belly fat. Everyone wants to know how to lose a double chin! If you want to get rid of this unattractive and unflattering feature you have little choice but to exercise, unless of course, you want to go in for expensive and dangerous surgical procedures. Some other factors that can lead to a double chin are too much consumption of foods that are high in calories, ageing, lack of physical activity, and genetics.
Ways to Eliminate Double Chin
- 1. Facial Exercises
One thing that contributes to a double chin is weak, saggy face muscles. There are many muscles in your face and neck, and if you never exercise them, they will droop just like muscles anywhere else on your body. If you strengthen the muscles around your neck and jaw line, your double chin will begin to disappear.
- There are several chin exercises that you can do if you wish to get rid of your double chin. For the first exercise, begin by opening your mouth wide. Next, move your lower jaw in a downward and outward direction as though you are trying to “scoop” something with your lower jaw. You will know that you are doing this exercise right when you feel your lower teeth touch the top of your upper lip. Repeat the exercise as much as 15 times and do it several times throughout the day.
- Another easy exercise you can do is to raise your chin and move your mouth as though you are chewing. If you cannot do the chewing motion, a simple closing-and-opening motion is enough. You will gradually feel the muscles in your neck and jaw tensing up.
- Perform double chin exercises like neck rolls. Roll your neck in a clockwise, and then counter clockwise circular motion.
- Move your neck forward and then rest your chin against your chest. Hold your neck in this position for at least five seconds. Move the neck as far back as possible and hold for five seconds. Inhale when your head is upright and exhale when it is in the forward and back position.
- Move your neck to one side and try to touch your shoulder with your chin. Hold your chin in this position for at least five seconds and repeat on the other side. Repeat the entire exercise three times.
2. Low Caloric Intake
If you wish to get rid of your double chin, you’re going to have to make certain changes in your diet as well. If you regularly eat junk foods, fast food and other foods that are packed with fat and calories, then you need to eliminate these from your diet – or at the very least, cut back. Research suggests that consuming more calories than your body requires speeds up the aging process. It is also believed that cutting back on your caloric intake not only helps you get rid of your double chin, but also helps you lose fat in other areas of your face.
3. Get Moving
A restricted diet is usually paired with exercise for effective weight loss. In order to lose your double chin, you will also have to use the same combination. Trying to reduce fat in a single area of your body is usually ineffective. If you don’t want to sign up with a gym or fitness center, you can try more casual exercises like running, swimming or cycling. Anaerobic exercises like weight lifting can also help your body become firm in general.
4. Practice Proper Posture
Bad posture can also contribute to the loose skin and fat accumulation that leads to a double chin. Whether you’re typing at your computer at work or reading a book in bed, it’s important that you keep your back straight and chin up. If you are used to hunching over at your desk while you work, you might want to invest in an ergonomic chair that can help you sit up straight. Having good posture instantly makes a double chin less visible.
- 5. Massage your neck and double chin area, beginning at the throat and moving slowly upwards. Massage for several minutes every night before bed to reduce your double chin.
6. Vitamin E
Another way to get rid of double chin is to increase your daily intake of vitamin E. Vitamin E will reduce double chin and also increase elasticity and general health of the skin all over the body. Vitamin E is found naturally in many food sources such as green leafy vegetables, wheat germ oil, dairy products, brown rice, barley, rye, legumes, sweet corn, nuts, beans, apples, soy beans, peanuts, and liver. Try to include these food products as much as possible in your daily diet plan. You can also increase your daily intake of vitamin E by taking a daily supplement. To know about the dose, it is better to consult a doctor first.
7. Sugar Free Gum
To get rid of double chin, it is essential to keep the muscles of the face toned and one of the best ways to do it is by chewing sugarless gum. A sugar free chewing gum will not give you toothache and it will give you healthier teeth and gums. At the same time the whole act of chewing sugar free gum will give the muscles of your jaw line a workout that can last for hours at a time. You can do this several times a day in order to reduce the double chin as quickly as possible.
Milk can also be used to tighten the skin around the chin area. You can use milk as a toner and apply it on your chin, massage for some time and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Another option is to make a face mask with milk and honey. Mix both the ingredients properly and then apply it over the chin area and allow it to sit for ten minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. This face mask will make the skin moist and smooth and helps reduce the double chin. Follow this remedy once daily to enjoy quicker and better result.
Continue reading in next pages 1 2