- Honey and milk – A combination of nutrition and tastePosted 3 days ago
- Why you should avoid drinking chlorinated water and why it is recommended?Posted 1 week ago
- 10-things you should avoid forcing down your household drainsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Try these 10 home-made remedies to get a quick relief from your annoying toothache?Posted 2 weeks ago
- 5-Amazing home-made hair masks for silky, bouncy, and healthy hairPosted 2 weeks ago
- Revealed – The secret formula to make the most powerful home-made antibiotic everPosted 2 weeks ago
- Leptin and Weight Loss – Is there a connection?Posted 2 weeks ago
- 8-ways to prevent Abdominal bloating and discomfortPosted 3 weeks ago
- Be a Better Lover – Five ways to Improve Men’s Sensual StaminaPosted 3 weeks ago
- 7-Home remedies to remove upper lip hairs in womenPosted 3 weeks ago
20 Home Remedies for Prickly Heat Rashes
Prickly heat is irritating are painful. It was also known as prickly heat rashor miliaria, is caused when sweat accumulates in certain parts of body and results in a small red bumps on the skin.
These red bumps are irritating and cause severe itching. Prickly heat may attack people of any age. Small children are also affected with this disease as sweat in their body does not dry easily. They feel great discomfort during the prickly heat rashes. However, it does not cause any harm to them, nor it cause any other skin disease. Prickly heat can usually be found in folds of skin, or in on neck, chest or shoulders. If you develop prickly heat, you mainly want to keep area cool and dry. The rash should go away in 7-10 days.
Causes of prickly heat
Causes of prickly heat are a blockage of the pores from sweat glands. During hot weather the body to sweat, but because of the blockage of the sweat stuck in the skin and causes the formation of small red bumps.
Apart from the scorching heat and sweating, prickly heat has several other causes, such as overwork, intake of alcohol, smoking, unhealthy and stressful lifestyle, excessive consumption of junk food, untimely food eating habits, acidity, food poisoning and side effects of certain medicines.
Do and Don’ts
Always try to prevent these heat rashes because as the saying goes ‘prevention is better than cure’. When you go out, try to stay in shaded areas. Avoid applying moisturizers lotions. Always wear loose clothes, better if made of cotton as the synthetic clothing tend to trap the sweat. Take bath using cool water, if possible twice or thrice a day. Avoid excessive heat and humidity whenever it is possible. Drink plenty of water during hot weather and have fruits and vegetables with high water content. However, the home remedies for prickly heat are more effective and without any side effects. Here are some home remedies for prickly heat that will give you relief from your heat rashes.
Home Remedies for Prickly Heat
1. Oatmeal bath is one of the very effective home remedies for prickly heat. Add some oatmeal powder in to your bath water.
2. The common treatment for prickly heat is to apply non-perfumed talcum powder or the specially made prickly heat powder for four to five times a day.
3. Take some neem (margosa) leaves and make a paste by grinding with water. Apply this on sweat rashes. Neem has antibacterial properties and can heal the infectious blisters of advanced rash.
4. Apply aloe Vera gel on prickly heat to get relief from itching as well as to heal them. It contains excellent healing properties and will provide a cooling effect
5. Prepare a cooling compress for your itchy and dreadful prickly heat. Dilute 1 tsp of baking soda into 1 cup of cold water. Soak a clean washcloth into the solution and squeeze it out to remove excess water. Apply the cloth to the rashes. While the water will reduce inflammation, the baking soda will work towards easing itching and irritation. Repeat 4 to 5 times a day for best results.
6. Prepare a smooth paste by mixing cornstarch or flour with water. Smudge the paste over the affected areas and allow it to dry for about ½ hour. Thereafter, go for a cold water bath and wash off the paste.
7. Rub an ice cube on heat rashes to get quick relief from the burning sensation. You can also use cold compress or ice pack.
8.Take two tablespoons each of coriander powder and sandalwood powder. Add enough rose water to make a thick paste out of it. Apply the paste on your prickly heat rashes and let it dry. When dry, wash it off with cold water.
9. Dust your body with baking soda or sandalwood powder. Their cooling effect heals up the heat rashes fast.
10. Gooseberry: Take an earthen vessel and fill with water, then put some gooseberries cut in pieces in the pot and cover it. Leave as it is for the whole night. On the next day, mash up the berries in the pot, then filter the water, add sugar or honey and drink. It removes heat from the body and helps for digestive system.
11. Take henna powder and make a thick paste with cold water. Apply this to cool off the pricking heat rashes. However, this might leave the area reddened due to the coloring effect of henna. You can apply this home remedy for the prickly heat rashes that would get covered with clothing.
12. Prickly heat needs to be cured internally too. That is why I advise you to drink lime juice at least three glasses per day. .
13. Take about five tablespoons of Fuller’s earth and add rosewater to make a paste. Apply this paste on prickly heat. Wash with cold water when it dries off.
14. Banyan tree barks also help in treating prickly heat effectively. Take dry barks of the banyan tree and grind them into a fine powder. Apply this powder on affected areas for quick relief from prickly heat.
15. Apply watermelon pulp on the prickly heat to heal them.
16. Crush some leaves of Indian plum (jamun) and add baking soda to it. Apply this to your prickly heat for instant relief.
17. Take some neem oil and add camphor extract to this. Massage the body parts with sweat rashes with this oil. Let it be there for about half an hour. Take bath with cool water.
18. Mix gramflour with water to make a diluted paste. Apply this to your body where you have prickly heat. Let it dry for about an hour. Have shower with cool water.
19. Put one camphor tablet in a small bottle of coconut oil. Leave it overnight for the camphor to melt in the oil. Apply this oil n regular intervals on the rashes. This heals the rashes quick.
20. Honey is a great source for speeding up the healing process. Apply it over effected area.
21. Cucumbers are another source of water for body and coolness. Directly apply to affected skin, or eat it.
22. Mint tea will lower body temperature and speed up healing of prickly heat.