- 5 Besan or Gram flour Face Packs to Revitalize Your SkinPosted 2 weeks ago
- Do You Want to Get Rid of Termites? – Try these Home-made RemediesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Mustard Oil for Bouncy and Silky Hair GrowthPosted 3 weeks ago
- Top 10-Foods to Keep Your Uric Acid Levels LowPosted 3 weeks ago
- 15-Incredible Health Benefits of Sapodilla (Chikoo)Posted 4 weeks ago
- Vitamin E – Does it Promote Hair Growth and Scalp Health?Posted 4 weeks ago
- 10-Factors That Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving TwinsPosted 1 month ago
- 4-Garlic Extracts that Fights Ear InfectionPosted 1 month ago
- Cervical Cancer – Checkout for These 10 Warning SignsPosted 1 month ago
- The Leptin Diet –Five Simple Rules to a Fast Weight LossPosted 1 month ago
Top 20 Natural Remedies for Anemia
What is Anemia?
Anemia is a disorder, which results from decrease in the concentration of red blood cells or hemoglobin.
One of the main functions of hemoglobin is to carry oxygen to tissues and anemia results in decreased oxygen carrying capacity of blood. Symptoms associated with anemia are dizziness and unconsciousness. People with acute anemia feel tired and look pale.
Common Causes of Anemia
- Bleeding (hemorrhage)
- Iron deficiency
- Body inability to produce sufficient red blood cells
- Hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells)
- Peptic ulcer
- Hiatus hernia
- Hookworm infestation
Main symptoms of anemia
- Early tiredness
- Heart pulsation ( random or at an accelerated pace)
- Problem in sleeping and concentrating
- Pale complexion
- Dull red color lining of mouth and eyelids
- Idleness and tendency of inaction
- A feeling of not being well
- Receptiveness to cold weather
Few uncommon but likely symptoms of Anemia are as follows:
- Enlargement of legs and arms
- More perspiration
- Blood in stools
Home Remedies of anemia
1. Foods rich in iron are also effective in curing anemia. Liver, green leafy vegetable, beets, dried fruits, bran flake, oysters, brown rice, lentils molasses, raisins and prunes have high iron content. Breads and pastas made from whole grain flour are also high in iron. Try to include all these food items in your diet.
2. Food items cooked in iron pots get increased iron content. Thus, cooking food in iron pots can prove to be effective in curing anemia.
3. Spinach is another vegetable that is known to contain literally loads of folic acid and iron. They have been in fact being used as a home remedy for anaemia for a pretty long time now.
4. Take a cold bath. This should be done twice a day for an effective anemia home remedy. Massage body to keep the blood flowing. Massage your legs, hands, and arms for the best anemia home remedy.
5. Honey-It is very good for an anemic person because it helps increase the hemoglobin in the blood. It is rich in iron, copper and manganese.
6. A proper, well-balanced diet is very beneficial for anemic people. Their diet should constitute of cereals, rice, pastas, dairy products (milk, yogurt and cheese), dry beans, eggs, vegetables and fruits, meat, poultry, f Regular body massage helps in triggering some of the essential and vital points in the body which are helpful in maintaining the normal level of blood in the body.ish and nuts.
7. The term ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’ is suitable in case of anemia. Try to consume 2 to 3 apples on a daily basis. They have rich iron content and thus, are helpful in treating anemia.
8.While anemic people are recommended to have food rich in iron content, Vitamin C is required for the absorption of iron. Try to include lots of citrus fruits in your diet, such as orange, lemon, etc..
9. A delicious concoction is to take a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix this and eat.
10. Avoid excess consumption of tea, Coffee and ingesting antacids. This is because; these foodstuffs decrease iron absorption.
11. Eat 3-4 figs daily for a excellent remedy for anemia.
12.Vitamin B12 is very helpful in curing anemia. Animal protein and organic meats, like kidney and liver, are considered to be good sources of this vitamin. Consuming them will prove to be beneficial for those suffering from anemia.
Continue reading in next pages 1 2