- Try these 5 amazing beauty treatments using rice flourPosted 7 hours ago
- Fruits – Is there a right way of eating it?Posted 1 week ago
- Hair loss – Is helmet to be blamed?Posted 1 week ago
- How to boost your immune system with Garlic Milk?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Health Benefits of Banana StemPosted 3 weeks ago
- 10 Easy Ways to Keep Lizards Out of Your HousePosted 3 weeks ago
- Shatavari Health Benefits for WomenPosted 3 weeks ago
- Apple cider vinegar – how to make this natural home remedy?Posted 3 weeks ago
- How to use Castor Oil to get a bright and bushy beardPosted 4 weeks ago
- Semolina or “Suji” for Health and TastePosted 4 weeks ago
Easy Anti-Acne Treatment At Home
Though you may not be able to control all the factors that are causing acne breakouts on your skin still, you can take measures to reduce the problem.
Hence, apart from taking prescription medications and using topical antibiotics, creams, gels, and so on, you can apply a number of homemade face masks to get rid of acne naturally.
1. Baking soda is considered as one of the best acne home treatments. Plus, it soothes itching and inflammation around zits.
As it exfoliates the skin, it is good for removing blackheads and whiteheads, too. Thus, combine one part of baking soda and two parts of water (preferably warm), and leave this mixture on your face for about 10 minutes (you need not rub it).
You can also add a little honey. Do not confuse the baking soda mentioned here with baking powder. Use this mask at most three times in a week.
You may rinse your face with apple cider vinegar to maintain the pH balance of the skin. In case your skin feels dry, you may follow up with an oil-free moisturizer.
2. Tea tree oil has excellent antiseptic and anti-microbial properties. Hence, it is effective in curing bacterial infection that worsens acne breakouts.
Thus, you may apply a mixture of two tablespoons of distilled water, one tablespoon each of baking soda, honey, and four to six drops of tea tree oil as an anti acne facial mask one or two times in a day.
You can simply apply tea tree oil by diluting one part oil with nine parts water. In case you have sensitive skin, then replace water with aloe vera gel.
3. Simply rubbing a peeled garlic clove on the affected area is believed to be highly beneficial for getting rid of acne and pimples. Besides, applying freshly squeezed aloe vera gel on your skin two times in a day to reduce oil production.
4. To enhance the effects of this remedy, keep the aloe leaf in the refrigerator for two weeks prior to use. In addition, regularly drinking around two ounces of aloe vera juice is also considered good for acne.
Orange Peel. Pound the orange peel with water on a piece stone and apply on acne affected areas.
5. Lemon Juice. Apply lemon juice on affected areas regularly to reduce pimples and acne. This has proven beneficial results.
6. Coriander/ Mint Juice. A teaspoon of coriander juice or mint juice, mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder, is another effective home remedy for pimples and blackheads. Apply mixture on the face after thoroughly washing it every night before retiring.
7. Fenugreek. Make a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply over the face every night before going to bed. Wash off with warm water in the morning. This prevents pimples and blackheads.
8. Cucumber. Grated cucumber applied over the face, eyes, and neck for fifteen to twenty minutes has been found effective. Its regular use prevents pimples and blackheads.
9. Nutmeg. Grind nutmeg with milk that has not been boiled and apply on acne for a few hours. Pimples should disappear without leaving a mark.
10. Honey and Cinnamon. Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water.
11. Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree Oil is very effective against Acne as it contains bacteria-fighting substances called Terpenes. Acne is often caused by bacteria and the Terpenes either outright kill them or weaken them enough to be destroyed by protective antibodies.
12. Aloe Vera. The gel from Aloe Vera plant is also a highly effective natural cure against Acne. The enzyme-rich gel has very soothing anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Besides these handy home remedies for acne, Zinc, Vitamin A and E tablets may be taken to get rid of acne.
13. Bruise some fresh cabbage leaves. Just mush ‘em up and rub them on the offending area. Leave the juice on for at least 30 minutes or more. Rinse off and finish with an astringent.
14. Dissolve some salt in lemon juice. If you want even MORE drying power than just straight lemon juice, try dissolving 1/2 tsp salt in 2 tsp lemon juice, rub on the zit and leave on (being aware that lemon juice is also bleaching and can cause sensitivity to the sun).