- Cure Your Migraine In MinutesPosted 21 hours ago
- The Nutritional Power of Basil TeaPosted 2 days ago
- How To Wake Up Looking BeautifulPosted 3 days ago
- The Super Powerful Foods for Super NutritionPosted 4 days ago
- Juice for Intimate Magic LifePosted 5 days ago
- The Power Packed Flax SeedsPosted 6 days ago
- Confident People Never Do ThesePosted 7 days ago
- Fish You Should EatPosted 1 week ago
- Get Rid of Dandruff EasilyPosted 1 week ago
- Lose Weight with CinnamonPosted 1 week ago
Alcoholism Home Remedies | Quit Alcohol Addiction Naturally
If you are planning to kick the habit of alcoholism then it is definitely a tough but wise decision. However, as alcoholism is an addiction, it is likely to take more than just strong will power to get rid of. Therefore, you can always rely on natural home remedies to quit drinking alcohol in order to overcome this unhealthy habit.
It is a well-known fact that alcohol addiction is not good for health as it causes several long term health problems like liver damage, cirrhosis, kidney problem, pancreatitis, heart disease, anxiety disorder, impotence, reduced immunity etc. High sugar content in alcoholic beverages increases the risk of becoming obese.
It causes short term issues such as headache, insomnia, diarrhea, lack of coordination and judgment, malnutrition and other similar ill effects.
In addition, the addiction surely affects your social life as well because it encourages irritability and violent behavior thereby giving rise to a number of social problems like losing job, separation of family members, domestic violence, divorce and so on and so forth. Hence, it becomes imperative to quit the habit as soon as possible.
So, if you are wondering how to quit alcohol naturally then you can take help of the following home remedies to quit drinking.
Some of the people are so much addicted that they can’t live without drinking alcohol daily. It’s not easy to quit alcohol once you get addicted of it. I am going to discuss some ways to quit alcohol habit. I hope these tips will be helpful to the guys looking to quit alcohol.
1. The best way to quit alcohol is to reduce the amount of alcohol in small extent day by day. After about 4-5 months you will be able to get rid of alcohol. As alcohol addiction is hard to give up in one go, you can reduce alcohol consumption to a safe level and eventually stop drinking it altogether
2. Keep yourself busy with other activities. The best activities in which you can make yourself busy are playing games, playing with your children, talking with your family members, excercising etc
3. You can start by staying on an increased juice diet for ten days to replace the body’s urge to consume liquids (as alcohol) with healthy juices.
4. Avoid going to pubs, bars, do not indulge in social activities involving drinking and keep a firm and consistent determination to quit alcohol. Stay optimistic and energetic.
5. Try to avoid alcoholic friends at the evening and night. Every one knows it’s not easy to do this. But if you want to quit alcohol then you have to avoid alcoholic friends for some days.
6. Get rid of the all the empty bottles lying around you. The last thing you would want to do is get tempted by noticing these empty bottles. It’s always a good idea to let your family members and friends know about your decision. Remember, they are your well-wishers and you will find great support from them. More than often, you will find inspiration from them to continue with your mission.
7. Certain vitamins (especially vitamin B) and supplements are highly beneficial in reducing alcohol dependency and dealing with withdrawal symptoms. Sleeping, too, is one of the simplest natural home remedies to quit drinking as it prevent withdrawal symptoms to some extent.
8. Chewing sugarless gums eating candies, and consuming crunchy foods like apple, carrot, cucumber, salad, etc is considered as an efficient home remedy for getting rid of alcohol addiction as these items keep the mouth busy. However, try not to binge on junk food relentlessly. Restrict smoking as well because it tends to stimulate the urge for alcohol.
9. Having a glass of water mixed with half a glass of celery juice is helpful in suppressing sugar cravings caused by limiting alcohol intake. Therefore, when you are making efforts to stop drinking alcohol then make sure you have access to this diluted celery juice two times in a day.
10. Plus, include more whole grains like barley, millet, brown rice and nuts like raw almonds, cashews etc in the diet. The aim, here, is to stabilize drop in blood sugar levels resulting from alcohol cravings. Avoid refined foods: Refined foods like white flour, white rice, macaroni products and white sugar need to be kept away from.
11. Sunflower seeds, dates, bananas, carrot juice, apple juice and evening primrose oil are also beneficial in control alcohol cravings. Dates, in particular, can be taken in the form of a mixture consisting of five crushed dates mixed in a glass of water. Continue consuming this mixture two times in a day for about a month to get rid of alcohol addiction.
12. Acorus(vayambu) also work as good natural cures for alcoholism as they help reduce alcohol dependency. It is recommended to consult a qualified nutritionist before adopting any herbal remedies to stop drinking.
13. Having a glass of buttermilk mixed with three teaspoons of juice extracted from bitter gourd leaves is another effective natural way help to quit drinking alcohol. Take this mixture early in the morning on empty stomach for at least one month. In addition, it helps repair liver damage as well.
14. Grape diet is a popular natural remedy to quit drinking alcohol. It not only helps reduce the addiction but also helps in detoxification of liver. This natural treatment involves a diet in which you are only allowed to eat grapes three times in a day for about 25 days. This is a highly beneficial home remedy for alcoholism is a restricted diet of grapes for a period of one month. As alcohol in its purest form is present in grapes, it acts as its alternative to the drink.
15. Alternative therapies like yoga and meditation also serve as highly beneficial natural home remedies to quit drinking by keeping the mind and body relaxed.
16. Apples: Craving for wines and any other form of liquor and intoxication can be reduced if apples are consumed on a regular basis.
17. Dates: Alcoholism can be effectively treated by dates. For about a month, twice a day, rub 3 to 4 dates in half a glass of water and drink it.
18. Avoid smoking: Smoking results in an increase in the craving for alcohol so it is better to give up this habit too.
19. Bitter Gourd: Alcohol intoxication can be reduced with the juice extracted from leaves of bitter gourd. Three teaspoons of this juice mixed in one glass of butter milk taken for a month in the morning is highly beneficial for the damaged liver.
20. Warm Water enema and physical exercises: Rinsing out the bowels regularly with a warm water enema when the patient is under the juice fast during the initial ten days of treatment is highly beneficial to the patient. The patient should also take lots of rest and increase physical activities and follow a routine of exercise
21. Did you know that exercise can actually help wean you from the grasp of alcoholism? When you exercise, you sweat out the toxins from your body, and alcohol is a toxin that stays in the blood well after you have become sober. Exercising will help sweat the alcohol toxins out and make you feel better about yourself.
22. Carrot juice helps reduce the urge to consume alcohol. Having a glass of carrot juice, whenever there is an urge to drink, will prove helpful in treating alcoholism. Lemon juice and orange juice have also been found helpful in preventing the yearning for alcohol. Drink one glass of each, on a daily basis.
23. Reduce Sugar and Caffeine. Caffeine and sugar are linked to increased cravings for alcohol during recovery.
24. Bring home a pet
Pet therapy is a proven way of de-stressing yourself. You could bring home a pet which greatly interests you; this could be a dog, a cat, fishes, parakeet, rabbit or anything else. Of course, you should select your pet in accordance with your lifestyle, temperament, and the space you have at your disposal, else the pet can add to your stress. There should be a good chemistry between you and your pet; select the pet accordingly.
Research has shown that pets have made pet owners feel responsible, and thereby have become a reason for the extended longevity of its owners. The effect of touching and cuddling of pets have had a physiological effect on the pet owners. Further, pets like dogs and cats are known to provide non-judgmental and unconditional love and affection. Pets will help you defocus from yourself and connect with the larger world. Pets can greatly help you in bringing down your stress related problems.
25. Stop Drinking Alcohol Safely With Massages
massage therapy does wonders in lots of health conditions and issues, as it stimulates the blood flow, it relieves stress and tension, helps the body relax and speeds up detoxification by promoting the removal of toxins and waste products from the organism.
In order to use massages as a home solution to how to give up drinking alcohol, you’ll need to either ask a friend to help you or perform the relaxing massage by yourself, using a cream that has a heating effect or a towel that’s first soaked in hot water.
Having a hot shower before the massage and alternating hot with cold water can also help, as it induces a sensation of well being and relaxation and reduces the risk of drinking alcohol as a result to stress overload, tiredness, nervousness or anxiety.
26. Quit Drinking Alcohol With Oats
Oats are excellent for promoting a healthier digestion and absorption of nutrients to cells.
They promote a better functioning of the nervous system, improve focus, clarity and concentration and prevent palpitations and irritability that can occur when withdrawing alcohol intake. Also, oats help in detoxifying the body and handling the potential side effects of drugs and narcotics.
The simplest way to take advantage of the positive effects of oats is to incorporate them in larger amounts in your daily menu. Mix these with frozen fruits for more delicious meals. If you still feel the need of drinking alcohol, grabbing an oats and chocolate bar can curb the appetite for alcoholic beverages as it will provide the needed nutrients as well as the sugar.
27. Use music therapy to quit drinking alcohol
Listen to music as much as you can, because music can relieve your stress and calm you in the most significant of ways. Alcohol is not the solution you should seek to relieve you of your stress and depression; now that you have decided to quit alcohol you should look forward to healthier and safer means of distressing yourself.
28. Emergency alcohol overdose remedy
- Eat 15 gms desi ghee (clarified butter) mixed with 10 gms sugar. This can be used in condition to reduce toxic effect inside the body.
You could also take these herbs to reverse the damage that alcohol causes to your organs.
- Aloe vera strengthens the liver and prevents cirrhosis.
- Ashwagandha strengthens the brain and nervous coordination.
- Jatamansi cools the body and helps it fight against withdrawal symptoms.
- Sarpagandha and Brahmi are also helpful against alcoholism.
Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
The gotu kola herb revitalizes the brain. This is essential in people who want to overcome the withdrawal symptoms accompanied with alcohol.